Sign in to follow this  
hedalfa

Stevenvalves System

Just because your favorite colour is Green, doesn't mean everyones favorite colour is green.

Let them/us like like purple, yellow, what ever.

Get over it and move on!

Just because your favorite colour is Green, doesn't mean everyones favorite colour is green.

Let them like like purple, yellow, what ever.

Just get over it and move on!

+ eleventybillion

G'day Hedalfa

I find it very interesting that you have so much to say about that GtG; but you weren't there.

I believe I was the first visitor to post about Steven's system re that GtG, and I believe I posted a balanced view; something like..

It suits Steven, but it's not for me.

I also made the statement about coloured. Maybe I just prefer purple to green.

I can't be more honest than honest.

I think you presume to much about why I was there or what I experienced. Especially as you weren't there at the time.

I would rather move on, but I did find your post somewhat atagonistic & thought I had a right of reply.

Graham

Hi all,

Firstly as a bit of an introduction and some history of my music obsession.

I have been a music lover since I was a teenager and have spent a lot of time listening to varied music styles. I have also been on the Mid-Fi Hi-Fi merry-go-round for more years than I care to count. I have experimented with literally a ton of components and have learnt a lot of useful lessons but alas when I review my experiences I realise that I am going around and around in circles. I guess I have reached a reasonable level of understanding but my progress towards my goals is slow and frustrating. In the last few years I have decided that I need to be more serious about my direction in this addiction.

I spent some considerable time studying different peoples thoughts and methods regarding sound reproduction. I have searched out and found several people that share my passion/experiences and to my great pleasure I have found them to be open and honest and willing to help me along. I have conversed with these people for some time and have actually had the chance to meet and spend some time with these persons and develop some friendships.

I have been conversing for some time now with stevenvalve regarding upgrading my current system to a standard higher than what I have now with my current setup. I suppose I am typical of most maturing music lovers in that my music tastes are slowly changing/evolving and some refinements are required for me to fully enjoy these new found musical interests. Steven has been nothing but helpful in helping me understand what needs to be done to achieve my objectives and I am grateful for his time and patience in guiding me.

I have watched the threads here on SNA with some interest/dismay and I recently decided that I needed to satisfy my own interests by arranging a visit to Steven's home to have a listen. Steven has generously given up some considerable amount of his time to accommodate my request. I just thought I would like to share this experience from my viewpoint.

I have been listening to Steven's music now for an extended period over several different sessions. Please note that I did say music not system. Steven has music preferences and has built his system around the sound he needs to archive to satisfy his musical tastes. It is important to recognise that no one system does everything perfectly. This system will play rock, blues etc but it's forte is voice and classical reproduction for which it has been very carefully voiced to suit.

I needed to listen to a variety of music before forming an opinion of what I was hearing and must admit that it did take some time before I could sort of understand what I was actually hearing. The music reproduction in Steven's room is confronting. I can honestly say I was not prepared for a CD player, low powered SET amplifier running into a single full range driver to be so full bodied, tonally beautiful, fast, articulate, and with such a being there live type presentation. This playback system delivers the emotional content of the music like nothing else I have ever heard (tear in the eye stuff). This to me is the most important function a music playback system and my ultimate goal in my music journey.

I am looking forward to spending a few more days here enjoying Steve and Jens wonderfully hospitality and some further listening to some fantastic music.

It is important to recognise that no one system does everything perfectly. This system will play rock, blues etc but it's forte is voice and classical reproduction for which it has been very carefully voiced to suit.

I'd go one step further and say no one system does anything perfectly! But one system can do everything exceptionally well. Sometimes, to go beyond exceptional in one particular area, compromises are made in another. Horns are one example of that.

I'd go one step further and say no one system does anything perfectly! But one system can do everything exceptionally well. Sometimes, to go beyond exceptional in one particular area, compromises are made in another. Horns are one example of that.

Very true Paul.

If you wish to quote my posts, please do so correctly and do not edit my words to suit your sordid justification for poor manners. At no time did I write "cheap-a-r-s-e acolytes".

What I did write was that the sniping was cheap -a-r-s-e and it clearly is.

Just when the dust had settled on this controversial issue Mr Hedalfa saw fit to open a wound which was just beginning to heal.

I also take strong objection to being ordered by you to do anything in particular and I will ask you in a civil but crystal clear manner to refrain from doing so ever again. FYI, I am not in either "camp" and It is my humble opinion that the thread in question was best closed because of the zealotry involved.

I don't need to have auditioned the system in question because I was not passing any subjective judgement on it in any way whatsoever. Since you asked, I don't have a particular view on it. if your Guru likes it then I wish him well because I learned a long time ago, unlike you, that audio is not a matter of life and death.

The point is that this subject is entirely emotive and subjective and I am not and never will be on any side.

Now please let it rest and don't misquote me ever again.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Those "cheap a-r-s-e acolytes" have listened to stevenvalve's system, have you? What do you think? If you have not, then just chill and stay out of the threads.

I also take strong objection to being ordered by you to do anything in particular and I will ask you in a civil but crystal clear manner to refrain from doing so ever again. FYI, I am not in either "camp" and It is my humble opinion that the thread in question was best closed because of the zealotry involved.

Ordered? I was simply asking if you have heard the system and what you thought about it, gave a suggestion to chill a bit because the threads have certainly got into your nerve. Are you sure you didn't misquote me?

It is my humble opinion that the thread in question was best closed because of the zealotry involved.

the thread was closed because some posters were unable to discuss the issues in a civil manner

Indeed so.

However, zealots are the people most likely to be unable to conduct discussion in a polite manner.

Anything pertaining to that discussion should be forever sealed and covered in concrete as I and many ,many others are heartily sick and tired of the consequences of its continued existence.

the thread was closed because some posters were unable to discuss the issues in a civil manner

If you have not, then just chill and stay out of the threads.

It looks fairly unequivocal to me.

Anyway, I bear you no malice at all, but I would not be honest if did not say that there is nothing productive or positive to be gained from further discussion of this issue.

Good luck to you.........live well and be prosperous:)

Mr Happy Pants

I started a new thread about loudspeaker coloration you may not have had a good look at it yet its pleasing the variety of educational and interesting posts so far. As a said in the intro the coloration thread sometimes we have difficulties sometimes due to diffuculties in finding the words to fully describe our exeperience. Attempts to clarify can sometimes help the communication procees. It may be something like the midrange presentation of the system was much more forward for your taste or liking. If we can narrow it down sometimes it actaully helps. I am searching for richer more full bodied mid range and maybe you are not, then what I take as a strengh you might see as a weakness. May be because the tonal character wasnt whast you like, you didnt notice as much as others the great resolution and authenticity the system has in the vocals, or other features.

G'day Hedalfa

I find it very interesting that you have so much to say about that GtG; but you weren't there.

I believe I was the first visitor to post about Steven's system re that GtG, and I believe I posted a balanced view; something like..

It suits Steven, but it's not for me.

I also made the statement about coloured. Maybe I just prefer purple to green.

I can't be more honest than honest.

I think you presume to much about why I was there or what I experienced. Especially as you weren't there at the time.

I would rather move on, but I did find your post somewhat atagonistic & thought I had a right of reply.

Graham

Those "cheap a-r-s-e acolytes" have listened to stevenvalve's system, have you? What do you think? If you have not, then just chill and stay out of the threads.

Does it matter??????

Would you or any of the others that worship at the feet accept someone elses opinion if it was NOT gushing over the top OMFG praise??

You would be lying if you said yes. As has been shown.

So why bother even making this post? you think any of US were fooled for even one second? You may have fooled yourself tho...