Wharfedale Pacific Evolution Home-Theatre Speaker Package

luckiestmanalive;151902 wrote:
I love the concept behind the petit performas. Are you buying the Stand or the Mass as well? Would like to hear how you like them when you get them into your system...

I had intended to get the Stand but when I trialled at The Demo Room, Phil had them set up with the Mass. I initially listened without the Mass operating and the sound was pretty good but when he connected the Mass, the difference was huge. The soundstage instantly grew and of course, I then had to go for the Mass option at the extra price!!

Michael Jones;151906 wrote:
Phil's a smart salesman!

He definitely did a very good job! I was up in Auckland for the weekend and Chris organised the demo with Phil who set-up their listening room as close as possible to my home set-up.

Certainly did not take long to decide on the Mass option after listening.

Hopefully they will be ready in the next couple of weeks (in American Cherry) and very much looking forward to hearing them at home.

Howlar;151912 wrote:
He definitely did a very good job! I was up in Auckland for the weekend and Chris organised the demo with Phil who set-up their listening room as close as possible to my home set-up.

Certainly did not take long to decide on the Mass option after listening.

Hopefully they will be ready in the next couple of weeks (in American Cherry) and very much looking forward to hearing them at home.

Howlar, what size is your listening room? I have had the Studio Reference's for quite a few years and have always loved the detail etc but of late have started craving a bit more bass weight etc. I have yet to audition the PP with Mass but I am thinking seriously about it later this year.

AntG;151988 wrote:
Howlar, what size is your listening room? I have had the Studio Reference's for quite a few years and have always loved the detail etc but of late have started craving a bit more bass weight etc. I have yet to audition the PP with Mass but I am thinking seriously about it later this year.

Hi Ant, I am not sure of the exact dimensions but we live in a 100 year old Villa so it has 3.3m studs and if effectively only three wall as one is open into our dining room. The room is slightly smaller than the listening room at the Demo Room but with the higher roof height and open wall, we need a touch more power.

It will be interesting to see how the PP with Mass perform.

Cheers,

Howlar

AntG;152023 wrote:
Thanks Howlar. Really interested to hear your observations once you have them bedded in. Maybe start a thread under members systems.

Cheers Ant

Hi Ant,

I will see what I can do about a mini-review and will add some pics as well. Really hoping my wife's choice of American Cherry will be the right one!

Howler

Howlar;151885 wrote:
Hi All,

I am in the process of upgrading to the Image Petite Performa's so need a new home for my existing Wharfedales.

Please see my TradeMe listing below:

Cheers,

Howlar

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to sell the speakers via TradeMe.

Thanks,

Howlar