Trade me try hard award

Harvey;150871 wrote:
This guy wins it hands down, it's a nice amp but he's being trying to flog it off for 18 months, what's it worth really worth - $1000-1500. :rolleyes:

Try two years, maybe more.

I have a pic dated March 2009.

I think he had two ?

Asking price fluctuates like the wind too.

Harvey;150871 wrote:
This guy wins it hands down, it's a nice amp but he's being trying to flog it off for 18 months, what's it worth really worth - $1000-1500. :rolleyes:

Looks like your value estimate is correct:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rotel-RHB-10-power-amplifier-/190531829830?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item2c5c950046&clk_rvr_id=232065955525

Senator;151153 wrote:
be careful what you say about the might lion
:)

Indeed, if you rubbish the wee dancing lion, ya kinda have to do the same about the blue oval cars that come from that country, after all, neither would be around without substantial subsidies from the Australian tax payer!.

Actually, for a large car, for the price they aint that bad, are tough, sort of reliable, and tend to last well if you dont really treat them that well... but fast, well, they are not, unless you get a hairdryer on the straight 6 one.

Then on second thoughts ( and going totally off topic ) you really can laugh at the GM/H attempts at "other than Commodore" offerings - cheaply built Daewoo's that are trying to compete with some of the most highly regarded offerings to come out of Europe - Holden Epica vrs a Mondeo? No contest. Anything vrs a Focus? no contest. Its a pity really, but I think it shows the global philosophy of Ford is for that of quality. GM? Well.... They needed US government bailouts. Ford didnt.

Totally off topic here but the worse drivers/offenders on the high-ways are Falcodore drivers. Sorry to any Falcon/Commodore owners here but your fellow car owners are giving y'all a bad name (in my books).

Why these guys feel the need to be leading the pack is perhaps best left to a psychologist but these guys insist on doing crazy overtaking maneuvers (with the family on board) yet on the twisty stuff they're constantly riding their brakes!

I'd also say that generally Falcodore drivers don't actually own the car themselves and the company is paying the huge gas bills these things must rack up.

Friday rant over!

This guy wins my awards for the trademe 'try it on' award

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=374810665

I did some quick sums on how much it would cost to source this new and came out to an approx figure of $3,100 (this was before factoring in discounts on the Rega gear and adding shipping costs for he groovetracer products). Funnily enough $3,100 was his Buy Now Price.

By my estimate I could have built this from scratch using only new items for under $3k

Also note his exaggerated RRPs which differ from the ones' quoted in this auction

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=312737411

which is the actual listing for when he bought the same TT from pure hifi last year. FWIW the latter RRPS are pretty much still relevant!

The Aussie 6 is the shiz on its home territory. Lolloping along at a lazy 1500rpm with the cruise set at 115km / hr on a big wide 2 lane straight road getting 7L / 100km from Melbourne to Sydney.

However I'll take a peppy lil Subaru over the Aussie driving Ch-Ch to Nelson everytime.

Horses for courses :)

Best drive ever: that awesome road that goes from new plymouth to hamilton done in a mondeo ST. Most fun I've ever had in a car.

Also, I had to deal with this Boop guy once. I put a monitor on trademe for $1 and he won it for a few bucks. took him weeks, actually nearly two months, to pick it up. Lots and lots and lots of emails with excuses and things. I wasted ages of weekend time waiting for him to turn up as arranged a few times before he actually did. He's a bit mad too.