Accuphase AC-5 cartridge

Nice. I 've been using an AC3 for many years. It is a very nice, very accurate transducer. No romance, no wamth, just exactly what was recorded.

I have an AC-2 ( I snapped the cantilever off a few months back and need to send it off for repair) and it had plenty of romance. Reminded me a lot of a Koetsu Rosewood I once owned.

As for the AC-5, it will be interesting to read some reviews.

Chris

Nice Daniel. I am another Accuphase fan, ac2 is one of my favorites has been spinning in the past 6-7 years .

I would call it silky musical, it got retip from NY soundsmith and has been sounding a bit different from before, more open and details sounding I wouldn't sAy it is poor than before but just missing a bit of ac2 character.

Would love to pay a listen your Ac5. :-)

Cheers FG

Snaggs, looks like about $3K and an OEM product, what are you expecting from it?

Well, I have a ortofon rohmann at the moment which I love. However they're no longer made and I don't like the look of the new Ortofons, they just don't look like the ones I lusted after in HIFi Choice as a poor student!

Given I have an Accuphase phono stage, I'm just guessing it will be a very nice match with the rest of the system, and it looks purty too!

Daniel

Nice Daniel. I am another Accuphase fan, ac2 is one of my favorites has been spinning in the past 6-7 years .

I would call it silky musical, it got retip from NY soundsmith and has been sounding a bit different from before, more open and details sounding I wouldn't sAy it is poor than before but just missing a bit of ac2 character.

Would love to pay a listen your Ac5. :-)

Cheers FG

I don't have it yet, gimme 6 months :cool:

Still recovering from the DP700.

Daniel

• 2 years later...

I have an AC3 which has had the top of the line Garrott bros stylus and cantilever .Fritz Gyger by memory .

It was done about 5 years ago and went in storage with all my audio gear .

I am sing the Denon DL303 at the moment while getting the system up to scratch ,but hope to pull the Accuphase out soon .

Should be awesome .