Xindak DAC 8

In as near to new condition as you can get. Its not exactly old - about 3 months. Manual and original packaging included.

This thing is built like the proverbial - it is heavy ( far heavier than either the Cyrus or the BC DAC's )

Fully isolated/shielded transformers, AD1852 DAC chip, USB, Toslink and Coax. Single ended and balanced outputs.

In the few reviews you will find on the web ( or forum postings ) people consider these to be in the company of the likes of the Benchmark, StelloDA220, Sim 300D etc. For the money, its more than a match for the Cyrus DAC X+ in all but the absolutely immediate timing of the Cyrus.

My reason for selling? I needed a remote controlled system, for domestic harmony reasons - and while this DAC has a remote ( billet Aluminum at that! ) it just was not working for me in my system from a convenience point of view. I saw the chance to get into a remote controlled unit, so grabbed it.

Sonically, its actually very near either a Cyrus DAC X+ or a Bel Canto DAC3.

It is a little unique in that it offers both a tube driven output, and also a SS driven output. I prefer the tube output. ( E88CC )

New price? In the UK they sell for about 750GBP, from a RRP of about 850. I saw one in Sydney for $2K AUD, which I thought was a little optimistic to be honest, it is, after all, a Chinese brand, not American or English. Importing one from Cattylink ( about the cheapest "reputable" online retailer I am aware of ) will set you back $USD1033.67, or about $1390 on todays exchange rate. Plus, if customs do their job properly, another 15% for the GST.

PM me your offer - but don't insult me please. The last one I watched on Ebay sold for $680USD.

142948=5656-IMG_2896 08.jpg

142948=5657-IMG_2897 09.jpg

142948=5658-IMG_2898 10.jpg

142948=5659-dac8i.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...