Linn LP 12 - Hmmmm?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubting there's that much coin invested in it - but as a resale prospect, I'd have to agree that it's a tough call. Perhaps the person just about to buy this identical set-up new would benefit the most.

It seems very sad (to me, at least) that after upgrading this t/t to such a high standard that they're letting it go.

DD

The seller has got to be joking...

A
Thanks, any thoughts on the pricing? Didn't know where to start with this one -
don't see too many LP12's for sale in NZ.
6:47 pm, Mon 22 Nov

michael w;140229 wrote:
The seller has got to be joking...

Obviously didn't do any market research then???....... almost dime a dozen:D

but somebody has taken the bait... if it is a genuine bid :rolleyes:... but safe in knowing that reserve hasn't been met.

(I'd rather spend half that coin on an RPM-10)

Nak-Mad;140233 wrote:
Obviously didn't do any market research then???....... almost dime a dozen:D

but somebody has taken the bait... if it is a genuine bid :rolleyes:... but safe in knowing that reserve hasn't been met.

(I'd rather spend half that coin on an RPM-10)

I'd rather spend half that on a Well Tempered Amadeus

King Size;140239 wrote:
I'd rather spend half that on a Well Tempered Amadeus

Aye, you could be right ;).... but, each to their own ....not that I would buy an RPM-10 if I had that level of coin to spend., as much as I like it as a TT.. more fun to be had getting my 301's fettled and plinthed :D

Yes fettling and plinthing is very important :D

Back on topic, well sort of anyway. There is a seller on trademe who has been trying for pretty much the entire year to sell a naim Hi-Line for $1,200. The Hi-Line is a fragile cable and I certainly woudn't buy one other than from a dealer (with a warranty) which would cost me $1,375 even before asking for a discount. I see someone questioned his price recently and he said it was fair and would eventually sell :eek:

Same seller also has a Naim CDS1, naim speaker plugs and NACA5 for sale on trademe. Needless to say they haven't sold either....

SORRY : Should clarify that it isn't the same seller as the abovementioned Linn. Was just commenting on another seller who appears very optimistic with is pricing...

King Size;140277 wrote:
I would estimate that a new Linn Keel would be over $6k in NZ if you could find one. Cheap they ain't...

Far out batman... I hope a linn keel gives backrubs, enjoys long walks on the beach, and is not adverse to sounding bloody good....