Sign in to follow this  
moby1553552689

A subversive idea

We all love giving money to Trademe don't we........

What we need is a cross reference register of TM handles and Audioenz handles.

Obviously where people use the same handle in both fora there is no problem

but it would be nice to "beat the system" occasionally when the trade is between AE cohorts.

M

(now donning flameproof suit)

Yup, I've had to do some diplomatic detective work myself!

The loser in that situation might be the seller of the item, as you would be stifling the competition which would usually see the item reach true market value.

However it's still not a bad idea; but to work well the information would need to be concisely tabulated and easy for all to access.

Maybe just post your TM handle in your profile description. A search of the forum should yield desired results.

It won't require editorial legwork then, which a dedicated thread might entail.

I'm not trying to be a boy scout or anything. TM owe me no favours. A dedicated thread might be waving a red flag at the bull.

Seeing as its the Seller giving the money to TM they could always list their TM links here in the Trademe Auctions category....or even list in the For Sale Category :)

Yes, the problem with that is the forum would get clogged with irrelevant auction listings. I list quite a bit of stuff, most of it would be of no interest to members, but some of it might be. I can't tell which, so if you see any auctions by Goblin you know who to PM! What I don't get is why people haven't started moving over to sella.co.nz it's free to buy and sell!

I've listed mine in the TM section. If an audioenzer wins the auction we could do a deal on freight or something...

I like the idea, perhaps a directory page so if we do see something we like, we know who to contact?

I'm looking forward to the day when I can list something, even with a new TM account, and not have half a dozen people emailing or calling me asking inane questions about it.

I've been trading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long.

Declannz;133775 wrote:
I'm looking forward to the day when I can list something, even with a new TM account, and not have half a dozen people emailing or calling me asking inane questions about it.

Hi Is there a buy now with this quote?

I have decided to list any items I am selling personally (as opposed to the cable business) here on Audioenz first in the for sale section, and then putting them up on TradeMe after a couple of weeks.

So far, the action here is low, but if we do it more it will grow. In the US, Audiogon is a true alternative to eBay for audiophiles and there is no reason why Audioenz can't be something similar here if the Editor is happy for it to happen, and if we do as I have begun to do. From the Editor's point of view the business model can be profitable but is heavy in commercial issues, and the site needs further development. However, the degree of trust created through the forums can be a big spin-off. For example, I feel a hack of a lot safer buying on Audiogon than on eBay. And the Audioenz community doesn't have quite the rich and diverse range of humanity found on TradeMe.

Let's build an alternative obscene natural monopoly.

Antipodes;133796 wrote:
I have decided to list any items I am selling personally (as opposed to the cable business) here on Audioenz first in the for sale section, and then putting them up on TradeMe after a couple of weeks.

I have done this for most of the audio-related items I have sold over the past 12 months or so. Moderate uptake but that's OK ... it's free, and if no one is interested then TradeMe is the next option.

The StereoNet forum in Oz also has a 'For Sale' forum for non-audio-related items (cameras, computers, etc). I think it would be useful to have a similar forum here, if the boss is agreeable ... helping to create the alternative monopoly.

I'm a big user of stereonet, I think it works well however not sure if it's an economic sign but stuff seems to not be selling right now, discounts are big - and inevitably it gets shipped off to fleabay once the seller has lost patience. I've also been buying some stuff off audiogon lately (Plinius 9200 latest) and that seems to have more structure and a bigger audience. I do miss trademe - althought I've pinged a few cheeky things and ferried them back in my suitcase!!

Jon;133786 wrote:
Hi Is there a buy now with this quote?

Depends. I've found stuff is moving so slowly at the moment it's best to put it up for a dollar with no reserve just to get it out of the house.

What's your offer? :P