What will the winning bid be?! ...

I think he must have been drunk at the time of the auction. Who in their right mind carries on like the way he did...

His last word after my last word! -

Q

Professional attitude you have there. Yeah Right. lewis9113.2 (63 ) 8:58 pm, Fri 20 Aug

A

I've got a real live one here...isn't it past your bedtime James? 8:59 pm, Fri 20 Aug

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got tinnitus;130920 wrote:
I think he must have been drunk at the time of the auction. Who in their right mind carries on like the way he did...

His last word after my last word! -

Q

Professional attitude you have there. Yeah Right. lewis9113.2 (63 ) 8:58 pm, Fri 20 Aug

A

I've got a real live one here...isn't it past your bedtime James? 8:59 pm, Fri 20 Aug

one of my favourite burns EVER! respect Gt :D

Ayou2;130926 wrote:
Hanging out on TM ... asking questions, with seemingly no intention of bidding and using the Q&A section to pass comment, good or bad, seems to have become some sort of national pass time in NZ.

Some of these dicks need to get a life

well sir , are you really any different ? , i mean complaining about someone complaining on TM on a hifi forum.......

What about the poor staff who failed to inform of the scratch?Im guessing there will be wage deductions till someone owns up to it.Come on someone must be responsible,and with the mood I sense on trade me it wont be a happy place.

I did buy something small from them and it was a ok deal but I did have to remind them to dispatch the item.

Ayou2;130926 wrote:
Hanging out on TM ... asking questions, with seemingly no intention of bidding and using the Q&A section to pass comment, good or bad, seems to have become some sort of national pass time in NZ.

There is some merit in this observation.

I wouldn't normally wade on an auction with a "question" but I'm in the service industry and I also go to great lengths to ensure my TM auctions are totally transparent. After all we buy off TM with a large amount of faith.

The clown who listed the speakers in the auction in question, with his attitude laid bare, totally goes against all my principles as a TM user (buyer and occasional seller), and in my own day job in the service industry.

So thank god we can ask questions (and make observations!) on TM in a public forum type setting otherwise TM wouldn't "work". How else would losers like this be exposed?

Ayou2;130926 wrote:

Would the eventual buyer have been better served if the no-intention-of-bidding commenter didn't expose the scratch? No. It would have been a pain is a** to sort out at or after the physical exchange.

So in this case the national pass time was a good thing. I've seen it in other auctions as well.

But as Ernie puts it, it is often just a form of heckling. But it is a national pass time, so sellers expecting a 'pure' exchange are dreaming and need to moderate their responses accordingly. Having a hissy fit does not look good.

One of those facts-of-life things (sadly).

got tinnitus;130936 wrote:
There is some merit in this observation.

I wouldn't normally wade on an auction with a "question" but I'm in the service industry and I also go to great lengths to ensure my TM auctions are totally transparent. After all we buy off TM with a large amount of faith.

The clown who listed the speakers in the auction in question, with his attitude laid bare, totally goes against all my principles as a TM user (buyer and occasional seller), and in my own day job in the service industry.

So thank god we can ask questions (and make observations!) on TM in a public forum type setting otherwise TM wouldn't "work". How else would losers like this be exposed?

Hi James, your post exactly sums up my feelings on the actions of that trader.

well sir , are you really any different ? , i mean complaining about someone complaining on TM on a hifi forum.......

hahahahah - funniest thing all morning - well done - guess we all just need to lighten up a bit :P

Declannz;131010 wrote:
Glad I've no intention of marrying my partner.

Oh really? And how long do you reckon you can keep that up? A mate kept his partner dangling for nine years - but she finally wore him down. I think "commitment" came in there somewhere OTOH if it came down to "the gear" or "the ring" it would probably be no contest :D

Declannz;131010 wrote:
Glad I've no intention of marrying my partner. Wives sound like shallow idiots on audio forums.

And to most of them them, I am sure, audio forums are full of idiots who would rather hang out and "talk" with [mostly] strangers rather than deep and meaningful living channelness with their partners.