Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

Thanks, for now it's clean. Going to eventually stuff a MJ2 or Hagerman Tuba, Bifrost 2, and ZMF Aeolus in that corner. :laugh::laugh:

Edited by ColdsnapBry
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know - I'm a bad person and deserve to be punished! The magic and warmth of tubes has lured me in again. After I sold my WA22, I said that's it! Enough tube rolling and hum! The HE-9 drives my ZMF a

My wife is the most forgiving it seems amongst 'all' the wife comments here. She knows very well, that Fostex are usually $80-100, Focals were expensive at $250, and Aeon Closed are $150...... she all

2 hours ago, ColdsnapBry said:

Thanks, for now it's clean. Going to eventually stuff a MJ2 or Hagerman Tuba, Bifrost 2, and ZMF Aeolus in that corner. :laugh::laugh:

And the drug takes hold - welcome to the rabbithole!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColdsnapBry said:

I see Deftones and Dinosaur Jr. and I like. Clean setup!

You seen that young dude on YouTube that does a sweet Deftones cover where he plays all the instruments and sings? Has his own music on Spotify too, very Deftones like. Very good. I'll think of his name soon.

• Like 1

Had an awesome meet with Hugo @Indie Hi-Fi yesterday. Primarily to do A-B on Antipodes K and S series streamer/players. We ran two identical systems with Sonnet Hermes and Morpheus and then K30 vs S40 (+/- S20 reclocker and S60 power). MQA vs Non MQA in the Morpheus DAC too. Used the beautiful sounding Auris Nirvana with Psvane EL34 and HE1Kse and LCD4. Jazz vocal and folk were the main genres. 3 Hrs of audio Nirvana later what did we learn?

• Antipodes make some really nicely built and sounding kit. Lots of good inputs/outputs and nice interface. Yes it is better to me than running a Roon Nuc (and I have a pretty good fanless one). Wider soundstage, instrument separation is better, more lively with Antipodes
  • I like the synergy of the Sonnet Hermes and Morpheus with I2S. The Antipodes S series stack really gives the K30 a run for the money
  • We found it hard to tell between MQA and non MQA in general
  • Both LCD4 and particularly HE1Kse sounded brilliant on Nirvana. A couple of times I had the raised hairs on the forearm thing going and smiling like an audio-fool!

Next weekend will hopefully bring a shootout between Mogwai SE, Bigger Ben and Auris Nirvana with Sonnet and Antipodes. Now that will be something!

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1316.jpeg

Just now, BlueOceanBoy said:

Had an awesome meet with Hugo @Indie Hi-Fi yesterday. Primarily to do A-B on Antipodes K and S series streamer/players. We ran two identical systems with Sonnet Hermes and Morpheus and then K30 vs S40 (+/- S20 reclocker and S60 power). MQA vs Non MQA in the Morpheus DAC too. Used the beautiful sounding Auris Nirvana with Psvane EL34 and HE1Kse and LCD4. Jazz vocal and folk were the main genres. 3 Hrs of audio Nirvana later what did we learn?

• Antipodes make some really nicely built and sounding kit. Lots of good inputs/outputs and nice interface. Yes it is better to me than running a Roon Nuc (and I have a pretty good fanless one). Wider soundstage, instrument separation is better, more lively with Antipodes
  • I like the synergy of the Sonnet Hermes and Morpheus with I2S. The Antipodes S series stack really gives the K30 a run for the money
  • We found it hard to tell between MQA and non MQA in general
  • Both LCD4 and particularly HE1Kse sounded brilliant on Nirvana. A couple of times I had the raised hairs on the forearm thing going and smiling like an audio-fool!

Next weekend will hopefully bring a shootout between Mogwai SE, Bigger Ben and Auris Nirvana with Sonnet and Antipodes. Now that will be something!

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1316.jpeg

You'll also see some of @Bengineer's Blue Dragon headphone cables. Have also been trying his Mogami RCAs - brilliant

• Like 8
18 hours ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

Had an awesome meet with Hugo @Indie Hi-Fi yesterday.

As always great having you @BlueOceanBoy. Such good ears and a mental vault of other gear for reference. I fear i’ll be severely out of depth next session on the big tube shoot out. 

For me it was great to properly A/B the S20 reclocker. As you said a bit more sparkle and top end to an already extremely good sound. 

And very nice to have MQA capability but much more SQ to be had in other adjustments (cables, power, reclocking, etc). 

Most of all i found a new song! Norah Jones’ Hurts to be Alone from 2020. Hopefully we did ruin it for you Neil!

• Like 3

On 16/02/2021 at 6:44 AM, ColdsnapBry said:

Hello, figure I'd share my modest setup.

IMG_20191223_142458.jpg

By the way, anyone know if a tube stack like a Schiit MJ2 and Bifrost 2 be a problem for my desk space? The large monitor will sit pretty close / right over the tubes and I was worried about electrical interferrence.

8 minutes ago, ColdsnapBry said:

By the way, anyone know if a tube stack like a Schiit MJ2 and Bifrost 2 be a problem for my desk space? The large monitor will sit pretty close / right over the tubes and I was worried about electrical interferrence.

Shouldn't be an issue, i had a mj2 next to my monitor and bifrost below without issue.

The mjolnir gets hot so I would be cautious about placing the bifrost on top if that was your plan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xtiva2000 said:

My latest addition, very first full tube amp.. just got it 2 days ago....

What tubes are those?

7 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

What tubes are those?

Power is 6M18C , some Russian Tube, Driver is 6SJ7, Aussie Tube...  I think :)

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, xtiva2000 said:

Power is 6M18C , some Russian Tube, Driver is 6SJ7, Aussie Tube...  I think :)

He lied. Power is Svetlana 6H13C and drivers are Mullard 6SJ6gt made in australia. 

That La Figaro 339 looks so familiar. I could smell it as my own. 

Enjoy Shin because that La Figaro 339 has been upgraded with better caps and it's amazing in it's tone. If you sell it, sell it for a million bucks.  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xtiva2000 said:

lol thanks Odyssey... that was what i read from the box hehehe  Sorry Bruce... 

But sell it to Bruce for $1 because he's such a good guy and I ate a lot of his oranges yesterday.

• Haha 1

Might as throw my one into the mix, mine is distinguishable from xtivas from the battle dent on the left side.

Listening to some Boyz 2 Men tonight, so smooth, throw back to some old school RnB.

K_z9R5vg.thumb.jpeg.f8f3c05b11bfa40eecc2ebc0df090484.jpeg

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Might as throw my one into the mix, mine is distinguishable from xtivas from the battle dent on the left side.

Listening to some Boyz 2 Men tonight, so smooth, throw back to some old school RnB.

K_z9R5vg.thumb.jpeg.f8f3c05b11bfa40eecc2ebc0df090484.jpeg

Stick on some D'Angelo

2 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Stick on some D'Angelo

Wow, I never heard of this guy, just listening to his song "How does it feel" and questioning my sexuality now haha...

5 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Wow, I never heard of this guy, just listening to his song "How does it feel" and questioning my sexuality now haha...

Bro. Don't question. Just embrace. Stick on Really Love and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

can't afford more children.

More children = less headphones

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Bro. Don't question. Just embrace. Stick on Really Love and enjoy the ride.

Love me some D’Angelo!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Indie Hi-Fi said:

Love me some D’Angelo!

It's almost like a guilty pleasure.

Actually, know what else is. Brockhampton. Kids got talent.

Edited by Bengineer

Been lurking for a little while. After enjoying everyone else's pictures from afar I thought I'd share my rather modest setups. 

(Trans)portable for work:

PXL_20210224_094444877.thumb.jpg.e5f2c054997ce47f6c6ceb24c684c5b6.jpg

And the time-for-bed home setup:

PXL_20210224_094059722.thumb.jpg.87483d5c8462f39502fd94864f17ad72.jpgPXL_20210224_094116336.thumb.jpg.44346fe6f105be701a98ab62162e0076.jpg

My 10-year old custom made Grado RS2 with cocobolo wood:

PXL_20210114_094250175.thumb.jpg.d46faa71823bdf59a9be41371c61e639.jpg

A bit of night vision: 

20201208_235730.thumb.jpg.74b9198de561d7abb6b0e53504b70cf6.jpg

PXL_20210224_094144895~2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

And that's endgame for me folks.......drops mic.....

Well done. I too agree that is endgame and you could not wish for more, in terms of Bigger Ben and HPA4 and the headphones which are my choice too .... 🙂

Nice co-ordinated colour of black and blue for the whole setup too. Now just get on with enjoying music !

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

$30k worth of gear and still rocking the washing machine rubber pads Bunnings sells.

I have to make savings where I can!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1