~Samuel~

Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

1 hour ago, Craig_H said:

Tax refund further depleted after the wife found the open backed LCD-2's "annoying". LOL.

IMG_20190716_160516.jpg

My wife is the most forgiving it seems amongst 'all' the wife comments here. She knows very well, that Fostex are usually $80-100, Focals were expensive at $250, and Aeon Closed are $150...... she allows me to purchase these small cheap hobby items.

It's not that I am purchasing the ever expensive Bose or Beats headphones, which are wireless hence more expensive.....hehehe!!

Edited by peppy

2 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Cool!

Do they sit around the ear or kind of one it a bit?

As bassy as people say?

They cover the ears. Well, mine at least. If you have a huge head and ears they might sit on them haha.

In regards to bass, they will pound your ears with head-ache inducing bottom end. I listen to electronic, bass-orientated music and found the bass too much. HOWEVER, as soon as I switched to a balanced cable (my amplifier is a Questsyle CMA400i) everything smoothed out substantially. I wouldn't purchase these to use with a regular 6.35mm unbalanced connection to be honest.

Edited by Craig_H

11 hours ago, Benjet said:

I’m keen to try one of Eric’s headphone amps. Just can’t pull the trigger with out hearing one first.

I'm interested too. They are well spoken of.

Haven't posted in this thread since I updated my main headphone system. It's currently comprised of:

Sonic Transporter - Lumin U1 Mini - Chord Blu Mk2 - Chord HugoTT2 - Abyss TC with a Danacable Luzuli Reference

It goes toe to toe with my main 2 channel system which includes the above chain feeding an Accuphase C2820 pre-amp and A70 stereo power amplifier into a pair of TAD CR-1's. 

The dynamics and resolution is awe-inspiring. There used to be a time where I'd feel like listening to my headphone system was a compromise given the quality of my 2 channel rig. Not anymore. Huge fan of the Abyss TC. 

20190731_070932.thumb.jpg.b092da7fb94577c861eb6c7098886fd9.jpg

Edited by Galactic Soap

2 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

Chord HugoTT2 - Abyss TC

Nice. Like it with Bauer crossfeed enabled on Hugo? Or prefer crossfeed off?

I love 'Chu Moy' (the green crossfeed setting) enabled on my Hugo2.

Rob Watts says he always has it on the blue crossfeed setting ('default' Bauer) with headphones.

Edited by Music2496

@Music2496 - I'm not sure what the Bauer crossfeed setting is on the HugoTT2 - but I do prefer X-Feed1 when listening via the Abyss TC's. :)

24 minutes ago, Galactic Soap said:

@Music2496 - I'm not sure what the Bauer crossfeed setting is on the HugoTT2 - but I do prefer X-Feed1 when listening via the Abyss TC's. :)

HugoTT2 XFD1 = Bauer Jan Meier = red on my Hugo2

HugoTT2 XFD2 = Bauer Chu Moy = green on my Hugo2

HugoTT2 XFD3 = Bauer default/max = blue on my Hugo2

It's great having Bauer crossfeed DSP options built into the DAC/Amp.

Chu Moy is my personal favourite and Rob Watts prefers default/max for headphone listening.

http://bs2b.sourceforge.net/

image.thumb.png.2afef6167b99292cdc7dd721cb69fc29.png

image.png.8ad63fb18d18f6553817c1427fc7f2b3.png

Edited by Music2496

It's Friday night and time to post another picture of the Glenn OTL amp driving the HD800. 

IMG-3175.JPG

I recently played around by swapping headbands with different 60ohm Koss drivers. The black is a Portapro Classic driver on a Portapro Massdrop headband while the silver is a KSC75 on a Portapro Classic headband.
I think the silver KSC75 driver looks great on the classic headband. I was also surprised at the level of detail you get for $39 out of the KSC75, there was more detail and air in the treble but it was noticeably missing the bass that the Portapro provides.
My next step is to try some Yaxipads for some extra comfort.IMG_20190803_075735.jpegIMG_20190803_075844.jpeg

The Bris-Vegas Connection...

Amp: Pass Labs HPA-1

Source: Luxman D 05u
Earspeakers: Senn HD 800 & Oppo PM1

Power Conditioning: Isotek Sirius

Rack: Quadraspire Bamboo

IMG20190820183347.jpg

ZMF Verite Pheasant wood and HD800 powered by Sansui AU-Alpha 907MR,  source Yggdrasil.

IMG-3298.JPG

Due to 90% of my listening being on the go or in an office for work, I have had transportable rigs of sorts mostly, so nothing as nice and fancy as this stuff...

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_20170330_105134.jpg

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_20180126_205759.jpg

IMG_20170327_122959.jpg

20161010_091646_HDR.jpg

20160918_130851.jpg

@Wyd4 Ether C Flow?

How do you find them compared to the Aeon Closed? Interested to hear, I had the Aeon, been eying off the Ether.

Edited by Bengineer

Really downscaled system these days, I wasn’t listening to headphones much and this system gets the job done for the occasional quick blast on Saturday mornings 😀..

E644A628-586E-4CB3-BB50-9E02B5F96E6F.jpeg

The Sansui au alpha 907mr is too heavy for the rack, so a Sansui au-717 has been swapped in. ALO Audio Studio Six sits at the top now and is an incredible sounding headphone tube amp. The best I've heard with HD800, LCD-3f and ZMF Verite. The quality of construction is first class. Even the sockets are Yamamoto's quality. It's the tone that impress though. Clarity, details, rich and powerful. Can drive 4 full size headphones with no drop in gain and fidelity. 

IMG-3385.JPG

On 21/08/2019 at 9:25 PM, Odyssey said:

ZMF Verite Pheasant wood and HD800 powered by Sansui AU-Alpha 907MR,  source Yggdrasil.

IMG-3298.JPG

How do the verite and the hd800 compare? The verite are basically endgame, if I had that kind of money I would settle with them. They're meant to be sublime.

On 05/09/2019 at 6:42 PM, Odyssey said:

The Sansui au alpha 907mr is too heavy for the rack, so a Sansui au-717 has been swapped in. ALO Audio Studio Six sits at the top now and is an incredible sounding headphone tube amp. The best I've heard with HD800, LCD-3f and ZMF Verite. The quality of construction is first class. Even the sockets are Yamamoto's quality. It's the tone that impress though. Clarity, details, rich and powerful. Can drive 4 full size headphones with no drop in gain and fidelity. 

IMG-3385.JPG

How much is the ZMF Verite?

ZMF Verite LTD Pheasant wood cost AUD$3660 including Fed-Ex shipping which took only 3 days. Additionally you have to pay import tax of AUD$200 to Fed-Ex. They will provide a receipt and invoice to you.

Prior to Verite's arrival, my favourite headphone is HD800 with my headphone tube amps - Glenn OTL amp from USA. I've since added the ALO Audio Studio Six to the stable. HD800 has never sounded so good. However Verite's arrival change all that. I have Verite for more than 3 weeks now and it's been burning in every night with normal listening. 

Verite resolves micro details as well as HD800. However HD800 sounds lean now compared to Verite. The texture of the ZMF headphone is really good. Mid bass is more prominent than HD800 but never over powering. HD800 soundstage is still wider but Verite is not losing much in that department. Verite is nearly as dynamic as Focal Utopia but is less harsh. You can listen to music with Verite for hours and never feel fatigued. It doesn't even feel heavy. Feels very comfortable on the head.

Verite with Glenn OTL amp and Studio Six sound simply amazing. I've never quite get all the buzz and chatter over Verite on the forums but now having live with it for 3 weeks, I really like it. 

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

ZMF Verite LTD Pheasant wood cost AUD$3660 including Fed-Ex shipping which took only 3 days. Additionally you have to pay import tax of AUD$200 to Fed-Ex. They will provide a receipt and invoice to you.

Prior to Verite's arrival, my favourite headphone is HD800 with my headphone tube amps - Glenn OTL amp from USA. I've since added the ALO Audio Studio Six to the stable. HD800 has never sounded so good. However Verite's arrival change all that. I have Verite for more than 3 weeks now and it's been burning in every night with normal listening. 

Verite resolves micro details as well as HD800. However HD800 sounds lean now compared to Verite. The texture of the ZMF headphone is really good. Mid bass is more prominent than HD800 but never over powering. HD800 soundstage is still wider but Verite is not losing much in that department. Verite is nearly as dynamic as Focal Utopia but is less harsh. You can listen to music with Verite for hours and never feel fatigued. It doesn't even feel heavy. Feels very comfortable on the head.

Verite with Glenn OTL amp and Studio Six sound simply amazing. I've never quite get all the buzz and chatter over Verite on the forums but now having live with it for 3 weeks, I really like it. 

Oh! So you imported the headphone! I thought there was a local Australian stockist for ZMF?

There might be an Australian distributor but I know Zach well, having bought 2 headphones from him before - the Eikon and Atticus. Ordering from the ZMF direct is easy. Just go online and place your order and make the payment. ZMF provides the warranty. 

New tube day.

Enjoying looking while they start to burn in.

Woo wa6 - sophia princess rectifier and fat bottle GE 6FD7.

Headphones are allesandro ms2 and next to be upgraded

IMG_20190916_175136.jpg