Jump to content

Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had Topping A90 headamp but have now moved to Phonitor XE with Focal Clears.    Loving the crossfeed with the Phonitor. Still have Focal Elegia's and Hifiman HE-1000 V2's.     

New to this forum.  Here are some pics of my setup . Like to collect good headphones. Enjoy with my tube amp so much ( 2 x WE421A + 4 x TELEFUNKEN EF800), it's also been a very good pre-amp for my St

An expensive accident. 
 

I accidentally damage my HD 700s ear muff. I found a local supply who got me a pair in this COVID go slow mail curse we are currently under. 
 

But they wouldn’t fit. Then I realised the is another coupling bracket which comes off with the old ones and has to be fitted first. Once I realised that thing came together smoothly. I thought I’d give a heads up for others as this had me baffled for a while. The accident cost me $120. 

64BFC0DB-6DF3-4A93-ACF0-EF4729063D2E.jpeg

9F3A5B15-AC9E-4DB2-AAA1-F2C301367CFF.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 19/06/2020 at 11:37 AM, felix22 said:

Feliks euforia and meze empyeans, new setup still burning in. 

IMG_20200618_175351.jpg

IMG_20200618_175725.jpg

How's the felkis? I have the young brother. Bought it when I was in London. You order from overseas? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bengineer said:

20201002_205809.jpg

 

When did you get a Auralic Mk2?! I'd like to hear it one day to compare against the Topping A90! Though to be honest, the Auralic does have the Topping beat on build quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Ah secret. Don't tell. It's a MK1 😮

 

Same internals, same sound, they just added selectable voltage or something and slapped a MK2 on it. MK1 wasn't actually produced for too long. Think the faceplate is a touch different material or colour.

 

Either way, shits on the light as opamp based things, for my ears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you find the D8000 Pro with the Taurus?

 

I never quite like the sound of the Taurus with the D8000 (not Pro), with Fein II and a Ares II sources. I quite like the D8000, V281 and ZH1ES combo. I mainly use the D8000 with a Phonitor XE and a Fein II.

 

I never heard the D8000 Pro though, not sure if it is that different to the D8000.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I like it.

 

The D8000 has a much bassier lean than the Pro. Pro dialled the bassed down a bit for a more reference tuning.

 

V281 is fairly warm on top of that again, D8000 + V281 would be very hard hitting bass.

 

I really like the V281 too. If one popped up cheap enough I'd probably jump on it. Taurus just such good value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Yeah I like it.

 

The D8000 has a much bassier lean than the Pro. Pro dialled the bassed down a bit for a more reference tuning.

 

V281 is fairly warm on top of that again, D8000 + V281 would be very hard hitting bass.

 

I really like the V281 too. If one popped up cheap enough I'd probably jump on it. Taurus just such good value.

How are you liking the Modius?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Cheap. Good as it needs to be. Bare bones.

 

Does the job sort of thing. No BT or Preamp, no filter stuff, no display, always on, weird micro USB input.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 12:41 PM, Munce31 said:

Had Topping A90 headamp but have now moved to Phonitor XE with Focal Clears. 

 

Loving the crossfeed with the Phonitor. Still have Focal Elegia's and Hifiman HE-1000 V2's. 

 

 

IMG_6918_jpeg.jpg

IMG_8589_jpeg.jpg

IMG_8953_jpeg.jpg

WOW beautiful setup... also eyeing on the Phonitor E.. how do you find soundstage on these Phonitor compared to A90?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, xtiva2000 said:

WOW beautiful setup... also eyeing on the Phonitor E.. how do you find soundstage on these Phonitor compared to A90?  

I no longer have the A90 anymore, so can't really compare anymore.. The soundstage was already very good on the A90 - plenty of separation. 

 

I almost exclusively use my Phonitor XE with it's crossfeed enabled. How it affects the sound stage is entirely up for debate. Personally I think it enhances the soundstage as it brings the image more centrally, kind of like a 2 channel stereo where a sound coming from the left can be heard predominantly with the left, as well as the right ears. In the case of the Phonitor XE, it provides more of a binaural experience rather than an emulation of 2 channel stereo as the marketing paraphernalia would have you believe. The centralisation of the sound helps a lot with old recordings (think The Beatles, The Doors and etc), where the sounds are hard-panned left or right. Another benefit is a reduction of listening fatigue. And if you don't like the crossfeed, you can simply flip a switch and turn it off. 

 

I don't think the Phonitor E has as many options as the XE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Munce31 said:

I no longer have the A90 anymore, so can't really compare anymore.. The soundstage was already very good on the A90 - plenty of separation. 

 

I almost exclusively use my Phonitor XE with it's crossfeed enabled. How it affects the sound stage is entirely up for debate. Personally I think it enhances the soundstage as it brings the image more centrally, kind of like a 2 channel stereo where a sound coming from the left can be heard predominantly with the left, as well as the right ears. In the case of the Phonitor XE, it provides more of a binaural experience rather than an emulation of 2 channel stereo as the marketing paraphernalia would have you believe. The centralisation of the sound helps a lot with old recordings (think The Beatles, The Doors and etc), where the sounds are hard-panned left or right. Another benefit is a reduction of listening fatigue. And if you don't like the crossfeed, you can simply flip a switch and turn it off. 

 

I don't think the Phonitor E has as many options as the XE.

Oh thanks for your detailed information!!!  E only has 2 setting at 30 degree it seems from review...  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


And thousands of $$$ buying & selling

  • 26+ headphones
  • 11+ Amps
  • 14+ DACs

It all came down to this .

Sometimes I wonder did the journey bring me here or I could have saved $$$ going straight to these by reading and watching reviews and spend near top $. (simpler?)

 

I kinda incline towards, 'It was the Journey'.

 

 

IMG_0256.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been a headphone guy, but a friend gave me a pressy! So I thought yeah, these will likely be cool for gaming.

 

But now find my self listening to all the wave albums on my PC while I on it, haven't bothered to in years and normally listen to music on my main system via CD Player and Speakers.

 

I guess now I'm a headphone guy :lol:

 

20201025_120322.jpg.6b2bbde15cf8e0ee41b4f2efb88a901c.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, muon* said:

Never been a headphone guy, but a friend gave me a pressy! So I thought yeah, these will likely be cool for gaming.

 

But now find my self listening to all the wave albums on my PC while I on it, haven't bothered to in years and normally listen to music on my main system via CD Player and Speakers.

 

I guess now I'm a headphone guy :lol:

 

20201025_120322.jpg.6b2bbde15cf8e0ee41b4f2efb88a901c.jpg

 

The 8x Phillips TDA1387 DAC/headphone amp is pretty nice paired with the Monolith M1060 cans. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MattyW said:

 

The 8x Phillips TDA1387 DAC/headphone amp is pretty nice paired with the Monolith M1060 cans. :)

Yup! It's a very enjoyable pairing, Matt :)

 

Makes games very immersive and music is good, and It's somewhat forgiving on some stuff my main system is not forgiving with, very nice :thumb:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, peppy said:

And thousands of $$$ buying & selling

  • 26+ headphones
  • 11+ Amps
  • 14+ DACs

It all came down to this .

Sometimes I wonder did the journey bring me here or I could have saved $$$ going straight to these by reading and watching reviews and spend near top $. (simpler?)

 

I kinda incline towards, 'It was the Journey'.

 

 

IMG_0256.jpg

Where's the colour?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't 'Not coloured' the holy grail everyone chasing in Audio world ?  ;)

 

This is it for me.

Edited by peppy
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sly_bastard said:

next thing you may want to look at is a streamer

got a Cambridge CXN for those duties eith my beloved FPX7.

For headphone setup placed on my desk, streamer doesn't present value.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My current setup since about 5 or 6 years, Schiit Yggdrasil, DNA Stratus and HD800. Still put a smile in my face in every listening sessions. 

 

BCD5B6D2-E3A5-4525-82AC-5745F953F1AA.jpeg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Current setup, trying to stop rolling gear, the amount of gear I have been through now in the last 6-8months is getting a bit crazy, even the wife thinks I have a problem now haha..

@Bengineer remember when I just started out here on SNA with little gear and said I wouldn’t go too far/spend too much.. But at least I'm happy right? :P 

 

 

IMG_1006.thumb.jpg.b52b6f88396baa31511253a97e68f1f3.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bengineer first... thing.... haha.....

 

I should hopefully be able to do the same thing tomorrow.

 

Will wait for some impressions from you.

 

Unfortunately I think I have GAS now, have not even received my Twelve yet but already reading reviews up on the Flux FA-10 you mentioned in my other thread, and starting to feel like I need that too lol.

 

Also the Ares 2 came up on the classifieds literally after I just paid for the Twelve, just my luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ares 2 come up on classifieds every second week for $900-1050. Don't sweat that part.

 

And Flux FA-10 has a lot of Head-Fi hype. Need to be careful of that. Whenever Head-Fi and Z Reviews hype something "new", easy to get caught up. If you succomb to them all you'll be sitting in a pile of THX and obscure brands from random european countries. Like the RebelAmp.

 

Questyle is quality. Its compact and weighs a tonne. Only tested on my active speakers so far, but so far so good. Nice clean pre-amp section, which is great, and remote is a bonus. Expecting the Headphone output to be excellent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zeos is probably not the most reliable reviewer but hes generally entertaining to watch and really knows how to hype a product up. Hes a good salesman, I give him that.

 

Its ok, I can't buy Ares 2 yet anyway since I told the Mrs I am done shopping for this Year (only 2 Months left till next Year though hehe...).

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 9:37 PM, Jsgraha said:

My current setup since about 5 or 6 years, Schiit Yggdrasil, DNA Stratus and HD800. Still put a smile in my face in every listening sessions. 

 

BCD5B6D2-E3A5-4525-82AC-5745F953F1AA.jpeg

 

This should be good. Came so close to owning a Stratus. 9 months into my order I cancel it. Maybe I should order it again. Donald is an excellent person to talk to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc pinned this topic
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...