~Samuel~

Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

My rig at work is a revelation, picked up a pair of LCD i4's and running the following system chain:

Dell XPS 13 + 2TB External HDD > Roon + LCDi4 preset + up-sampling to DSD128 > AQ Jitterbug > USB Regen + LPS1 > Chord Hugo2 > LCDi4

I'm still coming to terms with the fidelity/resolution of this system. It's within touching distance of my Chord DAVE + Abyss system at home, perhaps with a less sound stage width and low frequency extension/slam. 

Stunned in a very good way!
IMG_20171218_194751.thumb.jpg.13873b80aa80a0a7470bd4f0f736cb12.jpg
Love those Audeze IEMs.!

@Raffinator & @DMax - Thanks fellas! I'm still coming to terms with having access to this level of sound quality at work. Given I regularly nudge 60 hours a week at work it's probably the most pragmatic "investment" I've made to date (if that's not audiophile logic I don't know what is)! 

On 12/26/2017 at 12:36 PM, Odyssey said:

Boxing Day listening session with HD800, ZMF Eikon, Atticus and Audeze LCD-2f with Glenn Super 9 OTL amp, Ragnarok and La Figaro 339.

20171226_101621_Fotor.jpg

Wow!

I am looking at the Yggdrasil > Ragnarok setup myself, currently running my HD850S through a Jot w/DAC. Would you see any value in getting the Ygg and just using the Jot as the Amp, or would I need both to get the real benefit.

[mention=151547]Raffinator[/mention] & [mention=143254]DMax[/mention] - Thanks fellas! I'm still coming to terms with having access to this level of sound quality at work. Given I regularly nudge 60 hours a week at work it's probably the most pragmatic "investment" I've made to date (if that's not audiophile logic I don't know what is)! 
Yeah I was very amazed with the sound quality that comes out from them. Such great quality and bass from a pair of IEMs. Almost like listening to my lcd3 but without the weight lol

3 hours ago, thestefster said:

Wow!

I am looking at the Yggdrasil > Ragnarok setup myself, currently running my HD850S through a Jot w/DAC. Would you see any value in getting the Ygg and just using the Jot as the Amp, or would I need both to get the real benefit.

Yggdrasil will make a big difference even with Jot. I like it with Glenn's OTL amp which I'm using now.

11 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Yggdrasil will make a big difference even with Jot. I like it with Glenn's OTL amp which I'm using now.

Have you compared the Ygg against the Gung? 

Looks good fijam hows the Myryad settliing in? What phones are u running?

@figjam

15 hours ago, dwayne said:

Looks good fijam hows the Myryad settliing in? What phones are u running?

@figjam

The Myryad is a good amp. Very pleased with it as a 'mid-fi' solution. I am using Fostex TH-X00 and Sennheiser HD650 headphones with this setup. Source player is a Sony HAP-S1.

1 hour ago, Galactic Soap said:

@Cougar2465 - Nice setup! What are your thoughts on the LCDi4, and the LCDi4 vs Utopia combo?

I like the LCDi4 so much that if I could only have one, I'd pick the LCDi4 due to their portability which I can listn to them just about anywhere. And they sound great too. 

On 07/01/2018 at 2:46 PM, Cougar2465 said:

Hotel room companion ...

@Cougar2465, I have those headphones, and there is no way I am letting them out of the house. :)

Nice listening choices you have there.