Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

12 minutes ago, barbz127 said:

That was a fun amp!

Thanks just got the Bifrost 2 to go with it. Next weekend, I'll try Yggdrasil with Mjolnir 2 for the first time. Bifrost 2 surprise me for it's lovely mid and bass and also pretty good high end. Until I get it side by side with Yggdrasil I can't really tell. Unison USB seems to lock on to the signal real well. 

Edited by Odyssey

8 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Back to the study the amps go. I feel with these mobs, I don't need to upgrade anymore unless someone can convince me. ?

IMG_1767.jpg

A question for you my friend - 4 amps with different enough signatures for your genres with two headphones? HE1Kse and LCD-3. What do you listen to and when? Or does some of it just depend on mood? And that's ok as that is what this is all about.

I'm giving up headphones. Today I bought this pair of Boston Acoustics VR-2 speakers for $299 and the sound will knock Susvara or Abyss ab 1266 phi TC off their perch anytime. ? Whilst they are not as good as my Axis LS88 obviously, but for 1/10 the price of my tower speakers, they are really good ! Just ask @xtiva2000 he heard it tonight and he couldn't believe it.

Headphones and speakers are just different experience so I'll have both. ?

IMG_1765.jpg

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

A question for you my friend - 4 amps with different enough signatures for your genres with two headphones? HE1Kse and LCD-3. What do you listen to and when? Or does some of it just depend on mood? And that's ok as that is what this is all about.

It's 5 amps and 4 headphones. Oblivion is in Canberra. LCD-X and HD800 still with me. I'm not even counting HD650 - which is my test headphone - to test tubes in case it blows up my headphone. ?

I just tend to switch them around because I find listening to one setup constantly dulls my senses. So every day or few days, I'll switch up the amp and headphone. When I go back to Canberra I'll be able to switch up the dac too - Bifrost 2 and Yggdrasil Gen 1 have different sound signature.

Knowing how each amp, headphone and dac sound by now, I can pair them easily when I want to listen to for instance Pink Floyd or Eva Cassidy or Tong Li or Metallica or Fourplay or Mozzart or George Benson or Leonard Cohen etc  etc ?

Also I know how tube combination will affect Wa22, LF339i and Mjolnir 2 and I'll change that accordingly. 

This setup can last for a while before I change again..... famous last words... I'll change faster than I promise myself.

Oh I just got a new RCA interconnect today for LF339i - QED Reference Audio 40 and I think there's huge improvement over the old Monster RCA ?

5 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

You can Ethernet them?

On Windows they won't show up as a sound card over ethernet/WiFi. But if your music apps support UPnP or Chromecast, that'll work.

On macOS you can Airplay all your system sound to them over ethernet/WiFi though. No lip sync issues with Airplay either, even over WiFi. macOS holds the video to make sure there's no latency with audio at the endpoint.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niktech said:

What about the V590 or the Nimbus, not convinced? ?

I haven't heard them yet so not sure how much of an improvement over what I've got. One of them on my road map but not so soon.  I might just end up with one tube amp and one solid state. Not might but will. 

Also with headphones, I really need only 2 - Hekse and LCD-4. Anything else is in excess or INXS.

42 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I haven't heard them yet so not sure how much of an improvement over what I've got. One of them on my road map but not so soon.  I might just end up with one tube amp and one solid state. Not might but will. 

Also with headphones, I really need only 2 - Hekse and LCD-4. Anything else is in excess or INXS.

My goal too. So, I'm half way there with HPA4 and Mogwai. Just working on the headphone front. LCD-3, Verite Open and LR700MK2 (which has it's own amp)......HE1Kse and LCD4 are on the list!!!!

26 minutes ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

My goal too. So, I'm half way there with HPA4 and Mogwai. Just working on the headphone front. LCD-3, Verite Open and LR700MK2 (which has it's own amp)......HE1Kse and LCD4 are on the list!!!!

On the list *again*

You've owned these before.

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

History makes you realised what you've missed.  If you buy something twice, it means you're very sure about that gear. I bought LCD-3f twice. The only gear I have bought twice. Ah I bought La Figaro 339 three times. ?

I'm ok with that. It's all part of the journey -if only we could go back to old girlfriends......oh I did that!

• Haha 2