Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

11 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Frank, in 3 months time, when Covid-19 is clear, I'll drive down to Melbourne to see you ... that is if you're still ok with the swap of the amps. Consider it my cruise drive down the Pacific Highway. ?

Sounds like quite the trip mate?

1 hour ago, franky995 said:

I’ll probably regret selling the V280 so a swap in future May be possible. Will keep the Taurus for now, sounds great with Ares 2 and Aeolus right now.

Wow you got rid of both the HD800S and MDR Z1R  in favor of the Aeolus?

Care to share the reasoning?

Reason I ask is I currently have HD800S and thinking of getting a 2nd headphone, and was considering Aeolus or even Auteur.

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Neil and Ben will drive down from Brisbane and pick me up and we will go to sunny Melbourne for a MelbourneJam with you. 

Couple of solar panels or a power generator and you all can have a CanJam all the way down the East Coast.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Wow you got rid of both the HD800S and MDR Z1R  in favor of the Aeolus?

Care to share the reasoning?

Reason I ask is I currently have HD800S and thinking of getting a 2nd headphone, and was considering Aeolus or even Auteur.

For me Aeolus is a great all rounder. Warmer than HD800S, nice and smooth. Reasonable detail and soundstage. It’s like getting your comfy slippers on. Have a silver cable for these that brings out a bit more detail. Great looks and comfort. Love these cans!

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, franky995 said:

For me Aeolus is a great all rounder. Warmer than HD800S, nice and smooth. Reasonable detail and soundstage. It’s like getting your comfy slippers on. Have a silver cable for these that brings out a bit more detail. Great looks and comfort. Love these cans!

Stunning cans!!!!

Everytime I see ZMF headphones, I almost want to buy it just for the looks alone.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, franky995 said:

That would be one I’d like to try. Have you compared to Aeolus?

I have not heard Aeolus nor Auteur. The only ZMF headphones I've owned were Eikon, Atticus and Verite LTD Open Pheasant wood. Of those my preference are 

1) Verite

2) Eikon

3) Atticus

All 3 does bass very well. Verite and Eikon has the bonus of being a lot clearer in the top end. Verite is really good. When I had it, I was so all over it. So much so, I sold off the LCD-3f. Guess a year after living with Verite, I got tired and needed something with more sparkle. That's when I got back LCD-3f and subsequently LCD-X.... then Hekse.

Now Hekse is consuming me like fire. Like a belly dancer before me, I can't stop watching.... I mean listening. ?

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I have not heard Aeolus nor Auteur. The only ZMF headphones I've owned were Eikon, Atticus and Verite LTD Open Pheasant wood. Of those my preference are 

1) Verite

2) Eikon

3) Atticus

All 3 does bass very well. Verite and Eikon has the bonus of being a lot clearer in the top end. Verite is really good. When I had it, I was so all over it. So much so, I sold off the LCD-3f. Guess a year after living with Verite, I got tired and needed something with more sparkle. That's when I got back LCD-3f and subsequently LCD-X.... then Hekse.

Now Hekse is consuming me like fire. Like a belly dancer before me, I can't stop watching.... I mean listening. ?

They do look rather nice! Is there any downside in having a 35 ohm model with tube amps etc? Taurus for example seemed to prefer higher ohm cans especially at low volumes.

4 minutes ago, franky995 said:

They do look rather nice! Is there any downside in having a 35 ohm model with tube amps etc? Taurus for example seemed to prefer higher ohm cans especially at low volumes.

I love how the 35 ohms Hekse sound with Woo Audio Wa22. Oblivion being a hybrid tube amp should have no problem handing Hekse especially since it has a high and low impedance switch. That left the LF339 but my LCD-X (20 ohms) plays superbly with Figaro and I see no reason why hekse won't.  Also I listen at moderate volume and never at low. ?

It's like speakers. You need to crank up the volume to bring down the house. 

I'm greedy though. If possible I'd like to have both Taurus and v280. I might even be willing to part with one tube amp but the question is which one? Herein is the dilemma. I like all of them. There will come a time when I want to get rid of them all and get a top tier amp and I'm increasingly looking at the german v590 or Niimbus if they sound as good as the v280 and there's no reason they shouldn't be.

9 hours ago, franky995 said:

image.jpg

From SaladOnion?

They look awefully unique and familiar

• Like 1

Glad they still with someone worthy.

Camphor Burl LTD with a dark Violin varnish. He made 3 sets I think, for a request by someone. First two sets were trials and became B-Stock, dug around in the back room and found them for me.

My current setup, just got back my old HD6xx recently and sounds fantastic on my Figaro.

Also, purchased some Adam monitors literally just yesterday and it got delivered today on a Saturday, wow.

-dp-l0XQ.thumb.jpg.f26afd5f731b8fc3a3be7b7d5f4d7533.jpg

• Like 6