Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

hehe, so the game is up, trying (but not trying too hard) to remain a bit anonymous, sux having everything you say scrutinized all the time because of a certain 3 letter tag under the username. guess its time I emailed the mods here. but if anyone reviewed my posts you would see nothing out of order. that was the point. i'm already too busy at the moment to be drumming up any more business anyway.

yes, lower case q

• 5 months later...

While i realise there is the showcase forum i thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread here in the headphone forum for members to post up pictures of their headphone systems.

Ill start with mine, nothing to special given my love for speakers. Just a Sony CDP XE200 into the G&W TW-J1 headphone amplifier, interconnects are JIB Premium interconnects. Headphones are Audio-Technica ES7's or AKG 240 studio's. Great for late night listening (shared house) :hiccup

Picture029.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Come on guys, show us you headphones setups :popcorn

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only picture of my set up that I have and unfortunately Its packed away in boxes since im away for work for the time being. It consists of AKG K701 and a Millet MiniMAX. Not sure what tubes are in the minimax though.

IMGP5172.jpg

I also have a Corda Cantate which out for a warranty job (and has been for about 3 months now...) and a Bottlehead SEX amp which is somewhere in Australia from what I can work out from online tracking. The problem is my soldering iron and tools are also packed away in boxes and wont see the light of day for another month or so.

Here's what I use.

The amp is a kit from Oatley Electronics, sound is good but valves tend to ring if knocked.

the DAC is a Kit too, this time from Hong Kong

Phones are Sennie HD414s

The Media Player is a Creative Zen X-Fi wireless so can stream from the PC too.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ford

could you get it a little blacker .... :P

That Pic is real,I live in semi darkness.

That way the furniture (Black) blends into the shadows.

10 years ago I bought 5 spare lightbulbs,I still have them.

The reason the doors are white is so I can find them at night.

• Like 1

I currently have the Audio-Technica AD-700 – and love 'em. Up until then I used to be a Sennheiser man through and through (my first pair was the wonderful HD424 I bought in the 80's), but since getting the AD-700... well, let's just say that I ain't a Sennheiser man no more. I'm looking forward to (eventually) getting the AD-900 sometime. (Just like the 700's, only better!)

Just bought my girlfriend some Etymotic ER-4P canal phones She was just astounded at the quality of the reproduction and will also be using them on her long haul flights OS as much to listen to music as to reduce the background flight noise. They have a 42 dB background noise drop when correctly inserted, that certainly helps one to sleep on a plane!

At home I have a set of AKG 242 HD and a Sennheiser RS 120 remote headphone I used when sharing house (marvelous piece of kit for such circumstances). I've also got a set of Sennheiser 558s that are on loan to a friend who developed sensitivity ulcers in her ear canals from inserted canal phones and can only use the 'over the ear' headphones now. Mind you, her original canal phones were rubbish and she just loves the Sennheisers.

I have a pair of grado rs1i which i really like. Would like to add something completely different to the mix but want to get a dac/ headphone amp first.

I must say it has been amazing to read some of the stuff some members have- there are incredible collections out there.

Shure SE210 IEM's Good Isolation ~20db (with the comply foam tips) nice flat response. Similar sound to some nice bookshelf speakers i guess

Shure SRH840 (Picked em up today :P ) Fantastic sound and good stereo imaging for closed headphones! (so far at least but gotta burn em in a bit to see their true colours)