Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

I don't know whether I really belong here. Magnificent setups abound! My headphone usage typically comes about most evenings when my wife has had enough of my SPL's. My system mainly for vinyl listening is Senn HD6xx, Matrix m- Stage HPA-1 with a top flight Burson op amp, fed by a heavily upgraded Aric Audio 3.7 tube preamplifier currently running JJ Electronic gold pin ECC82 tubes. 

20200514_222544.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Yeah, a lot of people love them!

I bet a lot of people love the Arya too. Listening to Tangerine Dream now with them and it's great. Wide soundstage, airy and oozing with details.

IMG_0574.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 3:30 PM, mwhouston said:

Today’s temp setup,

• Audio-Technica Air HPs.
  • ”Gothic” FET push-pull HP amp and 30V linear PS
  • Pi3 and Audiophonics DAC HAT and recharge PS floated.

8FEC580B-3CDC-4DF5-8B20-1A4860357FC3.jpeg

Is that ad 700x hp?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Yes. My favs. are the Sennheiser 700s but on SS HP amps a little bright. The ADs sound better here.

I am not an expert on headphones, but when I first heard AD, I really liked how it sounded. Just regret not buying it then especially when it was on sale, I may end up buying it at some stage.

20 minutes ago, vinilink said:

I am not an expert on headphones, but when I first heard AD, I really liked how it sounded. Just regret not buying it then especially when it was on sale, I may end up buying it at some stage.

I think I paid $400 for mine some years back. 

A simpler temp HP setup than I would normally have.

• Pi3 B+ with Audiophonics DAC HAT.
  • Blue Wave CMoy style HP amp
  • Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro closed back phones.
  • Powered by a phone changer battery.  

Listening to streaming Audiophile Classical. 

04936002-58FB-4BB5-9242-71090DA721A0.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

On 23/06/2020 at 3:50 PM, Munce31 said:

Awesome set up Felix. How are you find the Empyreans? 

Thank you!! The Empyeans are beautiful to look at, comfortable for a full size headphone, has that lush planar magnetic sound with a touch of warmth. Also they are pretty easy to drive, you can wear the Empyeans for hours without issue.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jensway said:

Howdy gang. It's been a while.

Here are some random highlights from my review lab over the past little while.

Love all these headphones, wish my setup was nearly half as aesthetic as this. 

Whats the middle pair? Looks very fostex like.

• 1 month later...

When this Cymer headphone amplifier popped up in the classifieds last week I knew I had to move quickly as it was the first and only headphone amplifier I'd seen from valve amp guru Elson. Ever. 

I'm so glad I did.

According to Alan Langford of DEQX (who was the last owner the amp) it has all of Elson's calling cards: point to point wiring, high-end capacitors and hand-wound transformers.  

It puts out 6 watts via both its Headphone and Speaker outputs. The sound via my Verite Closed's is spacious and euphonic. 

I'm keen on getting back into touch with Elson to see if he'd fancy refreshing the case-work to bring it up to his beautifully high-standards, while upgrading anything he see's fit.

My Abyss TC's are on their way back from America after having both their drivers replaced under warranty. I can't wait to try them on this. 

575208799_Cymer2.thumb.jpg.fb78fce0f0f6adf14b848a94407ae121.jpg

1980901929_Cymer1.thumb.jpg.743eb0f03521ae03cc8d26478ab851af.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my minimalist setup, which is just how I like it.

Marantz HD-DAC1 with a pair of Shure SRH940 and AKG Q701 (not shown). Connected to a MacBook Pro using Roon and Spotify.

The PC is for occasional gaming. Both MacBook and PC connected to dual 4K displays.

Excuse the dark photos, there's lots of afternoon background light.

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

Edited by Bikkitz
  • Like 4

On 10/08/2020 at 4:18 PM, Galactic Soap said:

When this Cymer headphone amplifier popped up in the classifieds last week I knew I had to move quickly as it was the first and only headphone amplifier I'd seen from valve amp guru Elson. Ever. 

I'm so glad I did.

According to Alan Langford of DEQX (who was the last owner the amp) it has all of Elson's calling cards: point to point wiring, high-end capacitors and hand-wound transformers.  

It puts out 6 watts via both its Headphone and Speaker outputs. The sound via my Verite Closed's is spacious and euphonic. 

I'm keen on getting back into touch with Elson to see if he'd fancy refreshing the case-work to bring it up to his beautifully high-standards, while upgrading anything he see's fit.

My Abyss TC's are on their way back from America after having both their drivers replaced under warranty. I can't wait to try them on this. 

575208799_Cymer2.thumb.jpg.fb78fce0f0f6adf14b848a94407ae121.jpg

1980901929_Cymer1.thumb.jpg.743eb0f03521ae03cc8d26478ab851af.jpg

Elson's gear is always a treat to ears...not for brand junkies though. 

• Like 1