Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

I've heard that HD6XX are very pad dependent and you shouldn't use anything but Sennheiser but Dekoni post their hd6Xx measurements with their pads that seem decent

Where are the Empys [mention=267775]Rickus[/mention] ! Where!

[mention=258338]Benjet[/mention] - Tried any other pads for the HD6xx before? Don't feel like wearing them for 1000 hours before they go all soft...

Guest Benjet
6 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Where are the Empys @Rickus ! Where!

@Benjet - Tried any other pads for the HD6xx before? Don't feel like wearing them for 1000 hours before they go all soft...

I’ve just worn them for 1000 hours and they soften up nicely 

Guest Benjet
Do you offer a pad breaking in service?

Hell yeah. Send over your cans and I’ll break them in. I’ll even do it for free.

21 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Haha. @Rickus actually has my brand new (warranty replacement) set of Aeons Closed at the moment! Seems he offers the same service.

I'm offering EaaS for sure, @Bengineer.  The Aeons are really nice for a closed headphone but I haven't formed any final opinions.  My ears are only just starting to work again after my flight back from Singapore with a coid :(  I will get you some pics of the Empys.  They are really growing on me as fun, easy listening headphones.  The Utopias are incredible for detail but not quite as forgiving of crappy input.

7 minutes ago, Rickus said:

I'm offering EaaS for sure, @Bengineer.  The Aeons are really nice for a closed headphone but I haven't formed any final opinions.  My ears are only just starting to work again after my flight back from Singapore with a coid :(  I will get you some pics of the Empys.  They are really growing on me as fun, easy listening headphones.  The Utopias are incredible for detail but not quite as forgiving of crappy input.

Thats what I'm finding with the Clear too actually. Some crappier recorded pieces, and some songs in general, reallllly dont sound that good on them. Most sounds really good, just some...

9 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Thats what I'm finding with the Clear too actually. Some crappier recorded pieces, and some songs in general, reallllly dont sound that good on them. Most sounds really good, just some...

I have come to the conclusion that 2 pairs of headphones is the absolute minimum.  One really accurate pair and one smooth and silky pair for less critical listening.  Of course, 4 pairs or 6 pairs is even better :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rickus said:

I have come to the conclusion that 2 pairs of headphones is the absolute minimum.  One really accurate pair and one smooth and silky pair for less critical listening.  Of course, 4 pairs or 6 pairs is even better :)

One pair is enough if you have Stax...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bronal said:

One pair is enough if you have Stax...

I have SR-007A and SR-009 with a Mjolnir KGSSHV Carbon amp but I do like the Utopias and Empyreans as well.  So maybe a 4 headphone minimum? :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rickus said:

I tend to agree mate, I think it's the same with amps, one SS for critical and a tube for "magic".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benjet
With the new DIY hybrid HP amp “LeManja”, Pi server, Sennheiser 700s and Audiophonics DAC HAT. 
BDE7C8EE-A863-4506-89F8-5BC57E0917A4.thumb.jpeg.522b4f7de25862233cfcede444c6fcbf.jpeg

Outstanding, as usual[emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to run up as many hours on the new DIY portable HP amp as possible in as shorter time as possible. I got up about 8 hours on the first pass. In fact I was getting sore ears from the tight Sennheiser 700s. 

Most of the listening was on my portable Pi server with Audiophonics DAC HAT. But I wanted to play a CD I was given and only had my 20 year old freebie (it was a give away with magazine subscription) CD player which I use for testing new gear.

I didn’t expect much from the sound but got a huge shock. It sounded really good. Far better than it should. I’ve not used it for anything other than testing in the past thinking it rubbish. It plays very well. It runs on batteries or external PS (which charges batteries) and (bonus) has line out and bass boost. I used line out because the new amp has its own attenuator. And another bonus; the CD was excellent. 

A8875BAC-CC25-4161-98CD-DD8532C4FB0C.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2019 at 11:13 AM, Odyssey said:

Having gone through several tube and ss headphone amps, this is an unexpected find. It's a lovely, musical tube like sound with both my HD800, LCD-2f. 

So much so, I went on to buy another AU-7700.... and another AU-717 is on the way. 

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

Can you share your detail setup for your headphone, sansui amp? Or Priavate message .

i bought a HD 650 and find an amp and setup for it.

8 hours ago, manhapt said:

Can you share your detail setup for your headphone, sansui amp? Or Priavate message .

i bought a HD 650 and find an amp and setup for it.

Can you kindly introduce yourself in our New Members section first?

We appreciate all knowing who we are talking to.  ?

Wel:welcome: come!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...