Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

These are the parts for my cable.

0.5mm enameled copper wire and some spare RCAs I had lying around, the silver ones are unused but the black ones came off an old pair of monster interconnects that were cannibalised a while ago.

cable.thumb.JPG.5cd73f6e55554af46c285539f39d151c.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

They way I kept the two Oatley HPs was with just a tea towel over them when not in use. 

I have a micro fibre cloth at the moment, a nice bright pink one :)

2 minutes ago, Batty said:

These are the parts for my cable.

0.5mm enameled copper wire and some spare RCAs I had lying around, the silver ones are unused but the black ones came off an old pair of monster interconnects that were cannibalised a while ago.

cable.thumb.JPG.5cd73f6e55554af46c285539f39d151c.JPG

Mate, I see you use stepper drills. I have two, a large and a small. If you build valve amps they are essential. My big fellow needs replacing. 

2 minutes ago, Batty said:

I have a micro fibre cloth at the moment, a nice bright pink one :)

Generally even cheap tea towels are made form a mix of cotton and linen. Neither catch fire easily and both can take a lot of heat without discolouring. When I switch off my valve power amps I through the tea towel cover on imediatelay. Never a problem.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Bzzzzzzzzz, is it safe like that in the open?

Neo

Show me a toaster which will not kill you. Not safe arounds idiots or small children. So pick your times to bring it out and be aware of the dangers. 

Taking it it all to its silly limits, never urinate on a power amplifier when turned on. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guest Benjet

IMG_0527.jpg
Can’t get enough of that tube sound. Built yet another hybrid amp. Just need to find a use for it..... too many amps, too few ears...

• 1 month later...

My gear for headphone listening. Jays u-jay headphones, paired with either a Xduoo XD-05, or, a brilliant vintage unit, the Hifi News and Record review accessory club "Headcase" headphone amplifier designed by Tim D Paravicini. Over thirty years old, still brilliant. The other headphones on the stand are Audio Technica AD900s, and in the rack a Lite Dac60 running original Bugle Boy tubes.
It all makes nice sounds. Would love to add planars to the collection though.IMG_20180729_162759.jpgIMG_20180729_162820.jpg

Here I have an Audiolab M-DAC being fed by my PC. It's running either the pictured LCD2C's or some Audioengine A5+ that I have on stands beside my desk.

The set up is an IKEA Fredde desk with some pegboard and shitty DIY vines and LED lights. I'm proud of my completely absent decorating skills here.

20180802_170344.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...