~Samuel~

Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

While i realise there is the showcase forum i thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread here in the headphone forum for members to post up pictures of their headphone systems.

Ill start with mine, nothing to special given my love for speakers. Just a Sony CDP XE200 into the G&W TW-J1 headphone amplifier, interconnects are JIB Premium interconnects. Headphones are Audio-Technica ES7's or AKG 240 studio's. Great for late night listening (shared house) :hiccup

Picture029.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Come on guys, show us you headphones setups :popcorn

This is the only picture of my set up that I have and unfortunately Its packed away in boxes since im away for work for the time being. It consists of AKG K701 and a Millet MiniMAX. Not sure what tubes are in the minimax though.

IMGP5172.jpg

I also have a Corda Cantate which out for a warranty job (and has been for about 3 months now...) and a Bottlehead SEX amp which is somewhere in Australia from what I can work out from online tracking. The problem is my soldering iron and tools are also packed away in boxes and wont see the light of day for another month or so.

Here's what I use.

The amp is a kit from Oatley Electronics, sound is good but valves tend to ring if knocked.

the DAC is a Kit too, this time from Hong Kong

Phones are Sennie HD414s

The Media Player is a Creative Zen X-Fi wireless so can stream from the PC too.

Edited by Batty

ford

could you get it a little blacker .... :P

That Pic is real,I live in semi darkness.

That way the furniture (Black) blends into the shadows.

10 years ago I bought 5 spare lightbulbs,I still have them.

The reason the doors are white is so I can find them at night.

Just been running some Quad 12LA for a few weeks,these are keepers,a great nearfield monitor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28979[/ATTACH]

nice cans!

which amp you have?

I have the SRM T1 without the balanced input, that's what I'll be using for at least a few years!

Great sound, just bloody brilliant.

here are some pics of my old setup in the study. 701s have been replaced with Sennheiser HD650

Amp is a Ming DA MC66AE. M-Audio 192 soundcard

I don't have a set up yet but this is on my wish list...

Blue Hawaii SE

bhse_gray_highHeadampBlueHawaiiSE.jpg

I have 3 headphone connection points in the main listening room

1) Weston Acoustics Prototype 6SN7 Pre amp with DAC & Headphone stage

2) Direct connection to Marantz CD63 - it has dedicated headphone stage with volume control

3) JVC 7.1 HT amp

Headphones are Audio Technica ATH-W5000

Here are some pictures

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31364[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31365[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31366[/ATTACH]

FR

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31393[/ATTACH]

My recently completed Bottlehead crack headphone amp (kit). Headphones are Sennheiser

HD650's.

Hello whitenoise.

Ideally i'd like to upgrade everything, new source, headphones and an amplifier.

Im unsure on a CD player or amplifier but i'd love to try a pair of the ATH AD2000's. An SPL Phonitor or other high end headphone amplifier would be great but being a recently poor graduate they are all out of reach :P

Hopefully there might be some tax money to spend within a few weeks :D

Hi All,

New member here.

Just recently (end of last year) got back into headphones after a 30 year or so break !!

First heard a pair of AT AD-900s in a friend's system. Into HP output of an integrated amp.

Liked what I heard and bought a pair from Headphonics. Use them for gaming & music on my PC.

Did quite a lot of research, and got totally confused by the plethora of options out there.

Ended up going with the following:

Coax digital out from a Toshiba DVD player (my NAD CD player decided to give up the ghost after 13 years of getting hammered !!),

into a Meier Audio StageDAC, into a Bottlehead Crack/Speedball OTL valve HP amp, into Beyerdynamic DT880 Manufaktur 600 ohm cans.

Using Blue Jeans cables for IC & coax.

Headphonesetup001.jpg

BeyerDT880600ohmMANUFAKTUR002.jpg

BeyerDT880600ohmMANUFAKTUR003.jpg

Had a friend in WA build a box for the Crack from swamp Kauri (NZ wood) offcuts he had lying around.

Carbon dated at approx. 15,000 years old !!

Love the sound. Using 60s CBS 12BH7 driver & a 60s CBS 6AS7G in the Crack.

Cheers,

John

Edited by Raksasa
formatting

John, that is a gorgeous setup you have. The wood on the Crack looks stunning, I'm sure it looks better still in person, very jealous.

Do you use the crossfeed much in the stageDAC?

Guy

John, that is a gorgeous setup you have. The wood on the Crack looks stunning, I'm sure it looks better still in person, very jealous.

Do you use the crossfeed much in the stageDAC?

Guy

Thanks Guy.

I leave the crossfeed on all the time with HP - it doesn't seem to do anything on modern stereo recordings,

but works well on old recordings that are very LEFT / RIGHT. I love it.

Haven't really done critical listening in speaker crossfeed mode. Just put it back to normal for speakers.

StageDAC has 2 outputs: 1 variable (goes into power amp section of NAD 317) & 1 fixed (into Bottlehead Crack).

Makes me interested in the SPL Phonitor with it's interesting crossfeed, speaker angle, etc controls.

Also have some compononent upgrades to go into Crack: film caps for DC couplers, better RCA inputs and a new pot.

Have been slack with that tho' eyeroll.gif.

John

Edited by Raksasa
formatting

I have a Meier amp that has a cross feed in it and think it is something that all headphone users should have access to, but I don't use it all the time. It a bit of a shame that Jan Meier stopped production of the Cross-1.

I may get the opportunity to audition a Phonitor later this year, probably never buy one but it would be interesting to hear it.

Keep us posted about the upgrades, thats if they ever happen :)

Guy

This is my set up as of recently. We just moved in so the speaker placement is nowhere near optimal but it will have to do for now.

desktop_low.jpg

Edited by Lord Mike