I bought a dog and now I'm stuck with it

First pressing or not, how does this copy sound ?

I've had three NZ pressings and one sounded like crap, one sounded like a typical Columbia, one actually sounded OK.

All three came with free rice crispies.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, Max, as most ofl the seller's recent neg feedbacks have been in a recent bunch, there may be a genuine reason for the silence. Note also that they have no current listings.

I'd be interested in the SQ of this LP myself, as I have most of JJ's LPs... & I ususally tend to eschew compilations.

I wonder if anyone has JJ's (very good) 'Mike's Murder' album?... but that's a new thread I suppose ;)

Owen Y;126424 wrote:
Hopefully, Max, as most ofl the seller's recent neg feedbacks have been in a recent bunch, there may be a genuine reason for the silence. Note also that they have no current listings.

I've had this happen. When the (non-professional) seller finally got in contact he was most apologetic - he had spent the last week and a bit dealing with his dads heart attack and resulting quad bypass.

nixon76;126430 wrote:
I've had this happen. When the (non-professional) seller finally got in contact he was most apologetic - he had spent the last week and a bit dealing with his dads heart attack and resulting quad bypass.

I've had almost the exact same thing happen too.

Unfortunately when your only means of contact is by email and you get no replies, it's easy to assume the worst of the other party.

Call me a cynic, but I've had the run around from people claiming that they are sick/their relatives are sick/their budgee has the flu/the budgee has depression...only to see that they have conducted other transactions perfectly fine at the same time.

I was picking up the particular item from the trade and you could tell he had been under stress of late, and as he completed the trade without issue, I had no reason to believe he had been lying.

But the email only communication is a problem as cloth_ears said. What if the other person died :eek:. You'd never know until someone from the family got round to (if ever) checking the deceased email account. It must happen....

I always try to weedle out a mobile number from the people I'm dealing with. Most seem to have no problem with that, and once past the initial mail is often the preferred method of contact. Professional sellers are unlikely to do this though - too busy :rolleyes:

The email account or bank details can provide useful clues as to last/full name. And from there tracking down via White pages/banks/google.

I've managed to track down some people who ignored TradeMe correspondence by a simply google

He's offered me a $30 refund to change the feedback to positive. I'm going to think about this for 24, but my feeling is that it will be enough to cool the fires of rankle and put the issue to bed. In the meantime what does the panel think - has he done enough?

Depends what you want, if you still like the record and want to keep it at the right price go ahead, I purchased a box of tubes from a fellow and the specific tube I wanted wasnt actually what he said it was, we negotiated on a lower price and both parties were happy.

If you are completely unhappy with the purchase and don't want it you are entitled to a full refund.

Your call :)

I'd still be giving him a blue face for taking so long and having trademe force him to take action

It comes down to - would you have paid $45 for this pressing? Even if you ask for a full refund and get it, that might mean loss of both the original & return postage (depending on the seller). Going by what postage he charged, that is $17.

So, lose $17 & get nowt (provided he will) or get an (over priced?) album for $45 + postage.

If it sounds good keep it & learn from the experience. That's what I have done in the past.

St.Noah;126475 wrote:
He's offered me a $30 refund to change the feedback to positive. I'm going to think about this for 24, but my feeling is that it will be enough to cool the fires of rankle and put the issue to bed. In the meantime what does the panel think - has he done enough?

Since (and only because) you asked, I'd accept his offer of a $30 refund and also honour your part of the deal. You have an excellent album for about the price Real Groovy would likely have charged - hardly a bargain but not a rip-off either.

Let the music move you and move on.

He did originally admit he wasnt sure it was "1st pressing".Should have given a full refund though. Change the feedback to RED FACE... then move on.

Ive learnt just allways move on after a few days & forget about the whole trade. You cant win with some dodgy characters. Simply not worth the effort, stress & frustrations. Even with Disputes tribunal, its supposedly allmost impossible to get the ruling actually enforced.

In general, my bush law skills:

legally the auction is between you & the other guy. Trademe arnt legally /directly involved in the auction, you are just using their website. So there is little they can ACTUALLY do after the auction finishes.

Plus TradeMe dont really care anyway: even when you tell them the goods are counterfeit/pirated.

I went back to him & asked for $40, whereupon he spat the dummy and said no refund and the feedback can stay. I cursed my foolishness and waited. A few hours later he came back all contrite and said $30 was back on. So I heaved a sigh and accepted.

It was quite a Saturday. Emotional, you know.

Now I can't seem to change my feedback (already edited once? some arbitrary time deadline passed?) so I've contacted TM again.

Newbie I may decide to sell it but not immediately. The dust needs to settle - just not on the playing surface.

From Tardme;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/HELP/TOPIC.ASPX?help_section=&help_id=391&crm_subject_id=&crm_subject_path=

Editing or deleting feedback

Go to the feedback page of the member concerned, when logged in, you will see the options to either 'edit' or 'delete' the feedback.

Feedback can only be edited once. If you delete your feedback you cannot place it again or have it re-instated.

I got really burned recently in a trade. I was sold a really bad Chinese knock-off. Took ages to sort out and I lost $17 for both lots of postage.

Got my first red face in retaliation for my obviously bad feeback. Trader complained because he lost $2.40 in trademe fees.

I was always civil (but got more to the point as it dragged on), never making it personal.

In his last email :

I'm not a bad guy here,

u seem to think i sit in a basement making fake stuff

u are the type of person who is impossible to please and without fault

pls feel free to go to hell

Such a nice chap!