I bought a dog and now I'm stuck with it

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall that on a Buynow item the goods are subject to the CGA, but others may be able to chime in with more definitive advice. Any redress might cost more in time and bother. But in spite of non 1st pressing status, how does it sound?

Personally I wouldn't let a needle touch the groves of a first press, but now that the providence is less than mint, I'd be inclined to enjoy the disk more.

He's sorry but not sorry enough to give you a refund?

Tell him you'll take him to small claims court. Advise him that it'll cost him about $1000 in legal fees and a big waste of his time, but you want your damn money back. And you will definitely see your money again, one way or another.

You could have checked here before hitting the button. That's obviously the wrong label, which indicates it's a pressing from the late 70's. It could be from the 80's, but the cover looks like the an older one with the stupid folded paper holding it together.

His description doesn't lend itself to make me think he knows what he's talking about either.

Hmmm... plenty of stuff to mull over here, thanks guys. As AgrAde says, he's sorry but not enough to give me a refund. Yeah right! On the other hand I'm in no way minded to to get him on the blower and get heavy with threats - past experience says he'd just call my bluff.

Ernie for the CGA to apply I think he'd have to be a proper trader rather than just some Joe flogging off a few surplus bits. BTW I don't know how it sounds as I haven't played it, though it looks pretty good - was planning on giving it a clean when time & the to-do list allow. As you say, given that it's nothing special I'll probably play it more often but I'd still play a 1st press on occasion (& prob.digitise it).

Jon thanks for that link - might be very useful sometime.

I've obviously been thinking about this for a few days now - I'm not unhappy to have the discs but the feeling is definitely soured by the knowledge that as they're not 1st editions I paid too much for them and so on some level have been shafted. The grovelling little shit.

Jim

I think you were very lenient just giving him neutral feedback. He still registers 100% positive feedback, which IMO doesn't deserve, after serving you up that load of old bollocks.

Will he not even give you a partial refund?

I can't understand why people are reluctant to give negative feedback when the situation calls for it.

I've placed negative feedback on 3 traders (buyers who never paid) and so far I still have 100% positive feedback.

The whole point of you giving a negative feedback is so that other potential buyers will exercise caution before trading with someone that may not be honest.

Ive got negative feedback from people I paid in full and never supplied the goods.Go Figure.I still think feedback is the most appropriate method to deal with this.I would not be suprised if someone sold it to him (the trader)with the intention of deception.

Ernie;126386 wrote:
You are lucky C_E.

I guess I am.

I've had no trouble at all with any online, ebay or TM purchases.

As previously mentioned I've placed NFB on 3 traders.

Originally it was 4. A buyer did place a NFB on me, as I never received payment from her, although I was at fault too as my tone in the final emails wasn't good.

A year later I got intouch with her and we mutually agreed to delete the feedbacks.

Better to be lucky than smart?

St.Noah;126367 wrote:

My feedback says it all. I know there's no possible legal redress, but I was astonished to find that TradeMe has no dispute resolution facility whatsoever (at least none that I could find).

:mad:

Here, so you can compare, is how Trade Me responded to a recent complaint I lodged against the seller of a Joe Jackson album - a seller who left me positive feedback yet never sent the goods. The seller repeated the trick with two other buyers. We all left negative feedback.

Hi David,

Thanks for telling us that you have not received the goods for 'Joe Jackson' (#292110918). We are sorry that you have experienced this problem. Our Investigations team has looked into the matter and logged your complaint against the seller.

We have emailed the seller and asked them to contact you. We also recommend you continue to contact them directly. Quite often there's a legitimate reason for the delay and the trade can be resolved through good communication.

If you haven't already placed feedback, you should. This is an alternative way of contacting the seller in the event they are having problems receiving your emails. You do have a chance to edit your feedback later so you can change it to reflect the final outcome of the trade.

If you still haven't received the goods within seven days you could involve the police or take the matter to the Disputes Tribunal. Please note that our experience is that police will not look into cases of this value. The Disputes Tribunal is often a good option but may not be practical for lower-value purchases. If you do choose to take this further we work with the courts and the Police to help them with their cases.

If you would like to file a claim with the Disputes Tribunal please contact us for more information.

Regards,

Trade me Support

http://www.trademe.co.nz/

I've made a claim through Disputes Tribunal for a Trade Me transaction where the I was sold Apple Extreme wireless router that wasn't the spec that the seller claimed. The process did work but can be time consuming as you need to go to court to file the claim, go to hearing, etc. In my case the 'defendant' was a no show. Probably not worth the $75 however the threat of a claim may prompt action.

It looks like he sells regularly, time for the Audioenz posse to spring into action next rime he sells something.... y'know, questions like if he's sincerely sorry, why no refund?

Also, put up a message in the TM community messages, someone might know his contact details or have a word in his ear..

send them something like:

"Hello. I want a refund on the album and I am going to get it. Please supply me with your address to return the item. If I do not have evidence of a refund into bank account xxxxxx by 09/07/10 then I shall be filing a notice of claim in the district court. Once I get the papers back you will be served a copy. You will have 30 days to file a notice of defence and serve it on me. You have no argument so I shall win the hearing. If you do not file a notice of defence or show to the hearing, I will be awarded default judgement.

A Notice of Claim Costs $140, serving you this notice $150, and my solicitors fees $645. These figures will be added to the claim and you will then owe $1010.

I suggest you just give me my $75 back."

Any sane person will give you the money to save the hassle.

maxgate;126396 wrote:
Here, so you can compare, is how Trade Me responded to a recent complaint I lodged against the seller of a Joe Jackson album - a seller who left me positive feedback yet never sent the goods. The seller repeated the trick with two other buyers. We all left negative feedback.

Hi David,

Thanks for telling us that you have not received the goods for 'Joe Jackson' (#292110918). We are sorry that you have experienced this problem. Our Investigations team has looked into the matter and logged your complaint against the seller.

We have emailed the seller and asked them to contact you. We also recommend you continue to contact them directly. Quite often there's a legitimate reason for the delay and the trade can be resolved through good communication.

If you haven't already placed feedback, you should. This is an alternative way of contacting the seller in the event they are having problems receiving your emails. You do have a chance to edit your feedback later so you can change it to reflect the final outcome of the trade.

If you still haven't received the goods within seven days you could involve the police or take the matter to the Disputes Tribunal. Please note that our experience is that police will not look into cases of this value. The Disputes Tribunal is often a good option but may not be practical for lower-value purchases. If you do choose to take this further we work with the courts and the Police to help them with their cases.

If you would like to file a claim with the Disputes Tribunal please contact us for more information.

Regards,

Trade me Support

I finally discovered how to file a 'goods not as advertised' report in TradeMe so have done that and will report back. It's not over yet.

Folks, I feel very supported here - thanks for all your contributions.

Jim