And tonight's tradme entertainment award goes to ...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

MosfetMainac;123036 wrote:
Another one to add to the entertainment file....

Seriously, that is the funniest comments section I have read. AND IF YOU DON'T ALL AGREE I'LL GET AUDIOENZ TO BAN YOU ALL FROM POSTING! I'M SICK OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE TRYING TO DEVALUE MY POSTS!:D:D:D

Commenting on that was interesting. I commented as both auntiesremedy and jb1 - the seller has blacklisted both accounts now :) thank god, I might have accidentally bought something off them in the future.

funny how they assumed flogwopper was also me.

The poor guy is just trying not to lose any money. It's a pity his market is mostly comprised of AE forum members or readers.

Jaycar definitely bottomed the price once they got outed for not selling a dedicated valve amp. I think I made a comment as to that on an earlier thread. Although Loworbit and Stephennic are the members responsible for rescuing the pearl from the mire... :D

Brian Ono;123172 wrote:
Ive got to say this guys responses are not acceptable but Jaycar must take some of the responsibility.Did they reduce the price after it was revealed that it was not the item they purported it to be ?

As I understand the gory story, Jaycar originally marketed this as a pukka valve amp at $299.00, as per the product description. Once Jaycar were 'outed' :rolleyes:, they corrected the product description as they would be required to do, and ultimately the pricing down to $119.

In Aussy, Jaycar were apparently offering a return/refund, or refund of the difference in price if you wanted to keep it, which was the honourable and correct thing to do.. don't know whether this applied to NZ, but guess it would have.

One the problems with box moving I guess, taking something at face value and the original manufacturer not being quite straight about their product.

Nak-Mad;123177 wrote:
As I understand the gory story, Jaycar originally marketed this as a pukka valve amp at $299.00, as per the product description. Once Jaycar were 'outed' :rolleyes:, they corrected the product description as they would be required to do, and ultimately the pricing down to $119.

That's mostly true. The price here in the ChCh store was well in excess of $200 (complete with the Jaycar apology sheet stating it was a hybrid). It was only after the initial thread here that I was alerted to the new price - the old one held for quite a few weeks before that.

Cheers, Shane.