Sign in to follow this  
Omegaspeedy

My full range speakers for sale

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=277025281&permanent=0

$950 to our members, PM me if your interested in a listen or have any questions.

Hopefully the Q & A's won't go too weird like the second question I got this morning in the auction LOL:)

Cheers James.

PS, selling to fund my next DIY project which I'm not 100% sure which road i'll go down yet.

I saw them on TM and wondered if they were yours...

It doesn't take long for the clowns to come out on TM.

What does he mean by "wording"? Your description is no where near his...

Obviously he thinks that " to get in the way of the music"are the exclusive domain of his ad. Yea Right !

Hi gt, my wife and myself went through his auction to see what he was on about and all I could see was "no cross over or filter" which is a statement which I wanted to share because some people find that important with single driver full range speakers.

It's almost like saying, "my car has an engine" in a car auction and someone else selling a car getting upset because you mentioned "engine":) Totally weird.

Brian Ono;118334 wrote:
Obviously he thinks that " to get in the way of the music"are the exclusive domain of his ad. Yea Right !

Tui!:)

Maybe he needs to copyright certain 'hifi' terms for himself.

Ernie;118336 wrote:
That trader is also a member of these forums. He's also been slightly controversial at times. :rolleyes:

Member here? Who?

He should be a bit more careful next time pointing fingers around the place:) It doesn't look good hassling our Audioenz friends let alone strangers.

:)Perhaps if he added a smiley after the question.That would be OK with me:)

omegaspeedy;118338 wrote:
Member here? Who?

Look at his other listings ( e.g the turntable cover).It's very obvious who he is

Looking at his listings it quite amazing how being "Chinese" can change from being a superlative attribute to a damning perjorative, depending on how it suits his interests.

Ernie;118344 wrote:
Looking at his listings it quite amazing how being "Chinese" can change from being a superlative attribute to a damning perjorative, depending on how it suits his interests.

LOL, the penny drops.

Nice job of those boxes!

omegaspeedy;118317 wrote:

$950 to our members, PM me if your interested in a listen or have any questions.

Hopefully the Q & A's won't go too weird like the second question I got this morning in the auction LOL:)

Cheers James.

PS, selling to fund my next DIY project which I'm not 100% sure which road i'll go down yet.

1. He's not Chinese.

2. What's wrong with Chinese?

Racism is a serious problem...

Ernie;118344 wrote:

Thanks Gary.M, I'm still enjoying these but my creative side wants to try something new.

hopeman;118358 wrote:
1. He's not Chinese.

2. What's wrong with Chinese?

Racism is a serious problem...

Hi Hopeman, Ernie was giving me a clue who the forum member was who made some silly comments in my TM auction. He was referring to the "REL sub woofer" thread where comments were made that Chinese products were of less quality. We all know that the Chinese factories are producing excellent quality products and in some cases better than Euro/American where good Quality control is in place.

Cheers James.

I thought it referred to harrison112's trade "THESE AMAZING L-CAO CHINESE DRIVERS CAME FROM PETER HARDIE OF REFERENCE AUDIO CO IN DEVONPORT AUCKLAND..."

Just what is with all capitals?

Indeed hopeman, I was referring to both instances mentioned by omegaspeedy and Kaka. ssegrub or harrison112 appears to be practising the unsubtle art of the flip-flop.

Don't worry, politicians do it all the time. :)

Hopeman, I think that you will find that most on this forum are pretty open minded and don't feel threatened by ethnic groups other than their own. I do suspect however, that sometimes poorly manufactured gear from China has resulted in frustrated people commenting as such, which I personally feel, and I also hope, is not a racial comment but venting their frustration which the gear. Similar to people muttering about "bloody english cars"of which aged ones invariably leave pools of oil everywhere.

I'll bite and ask.....what poorly manufactured gear in China? And whom in here has had actual problems with 'real' Chinese gear they bought?

I'm not talking internet or forum rumour, or 70's "Jap crap" or 2000's "Chi Fi", rubbish I see posted, but real life problems. :)

And I don't mean the $150 tube amp bought off eBay from an unknown manufacturer.

I have second system I have owned and used since 1993, bought direct from China, made by Chinese companies and used daily without a problem. I use it in my listening room as my main music listening system.

Runs in class A, on 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. CDP, Pre and Power Amps, all use Tubes. It has never failed a beat.

And since I have read and followed HiFi since the very early 70's, I can assure everyone, most countries have a history of producing some clangers. :D

Of interest to note is many Japanese, European, UK, and US, Audio brands have there audio gear manufacturered by Chinese OEM manufacturers.

Ask anyone who bought Kef gear before they moved to China.The biggest difference was the price which Im sure anyone who bought a pair before they moved to China felt short changed.Arnt Von Schweikerts and Usher made in China?

Brian Ono;118389 wrote:
Usher made in China?

They are made in Taiwan, something the Taiwanese would probably want pointed out, and something the Chinese would not. Politics eh? It's everywhere :rolleyes:.

My apologies to China and Taiwan.I would definitely buy from either area of manufacturing dependent on individual product.

Not too keen on milkshakes though.

Now where did all this start?:)