• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie;117149 wrote:
And say what?

The listing was loaded by an idiot. The goods have some quite fictional specifications. Actually that might do it.

It would take an even bigger idiot to buy it.

disagree. many would not have a clue about spec - I am one of them - I know nought of projectors. I would not even look at this advert if I was looking as I know better though experience. But others dont and crap like this spoils it for honest traders.:(

anyway - ernie - you're the man to ask. I have a little "indeed" headphone amp I want to use on bedside table with ipod. being not so clever I don't want to go into mr smiths as they will sell me something that will work only. I think I can get a lead that takes the music (apple lossless) out bypassing the ipods amp. Indeed has little input for ipods as well as RCA's so don't mind which. can you advice? you may shamelessly promote your own product and I will consider buying but maybe PM so as not to upset folk.:confused:

AND would everyone stop with the IMO crap! It's a forum - IMO is understood without being spelt. at least that is my opinion...:)

tamarillo;117146 wrote:
so why doesn't some one complain to tm? i don't know a darn thing about it but would if i could?

Cos trademe seldom do anything about anything.

As long as the fool is paying their success fees and is actually sending the gear and its not pirate product it is fine in trademes opinion (ITMO :P)

On the specs it appears when you download the pdf manual for any of the projectors you get a file with the correct name but the same content as the lowest spec one they have. I would not trust it as far as i could throw it.

Anyway for sure if you are gullible enough to buy one of these without researching it first then you are probably gullible enough to be parting with your cash to those nice young people that send out emails about your share of some african billionaires fortune. Thus you wont be in this forum cos you'll be happy with your bose cubes and sub system......

AzzA;117162 wrote:
Cos trademe seldom do anything about anything.

As long as the fool is paying their success fees and is actually sending the gear and its not pirate product it is fine in trademes opinion (ITMO
:P
)

On the specs it appears when you download the pdf manual for any of the projectors you get a file with the correct name but the same content as the lowest spec one they have. I would not trust it as far as i could throw it.

Anyway for sure if you are gullible enough to buy one of these without researching it first then you are probably gullible enough to be parting with your cash to those nice young people that send out emails about your share of some african billionaires fortune. Thus you wont be in this forum cos you'll be happy with your bose cubes and sub system......

geez you love few generalisations...:rolleyes:

Ok, grizzle, grizzle, I might chime in with TM admin and have words. If Sen hadn't pointed it out as easy sport, I might never have known. But now I can't plead ignorance. Tomorrow.

That little hp amp looks like fun. Nuttin but a Wadia iPod dock is going suck bitstream out of an iPod. I say this as an act of public information. Dock connectors will pass line level output, which is better than the headphone jack, but not digital to be decoded by a DAC. The setup starts looking like this: iPod --> Wadia --> COAX Cable --> DAC --> HP Amp --> Headphones. The sound would be very attractive. It wouldn't sound like an iPod :D

On the other hand, if you have a legacy iPod I have a dock connection cable that will look like this: iPod --> Line Out Dock Cable --> HP Amp --> Headphones. Otherwise you get an Apple Dock and a mini into RCA cable. The Apple Dock will negate the gains you make by encoding to Apple Lossless format. :)

Ernie;117166 wrote:

That little hp amp looks like fun. Nuttin but a Wadia iPod dock is going suck bitstream out of an iPod.

Onkyo claim their unit will get the digital stream off the ipod? I have never used, researched or even seen one, so I am only going off what I have seen in advertising.

Haha on his receiver specs:

Power Amplifier Receiver:

*2800 Watt A/V Receiver

*DTS 7.1 Prosound III Deconder(hahahahah)

**300 Watts/Channel/8 Ohms*

*MP3 Digital PRO Inputs

*AC-3 Active Scan A/V Inputs

*20Hz~20kHz Frequency Response

*0.09% Total Hapmonic Distortion(oh boy!)

*Cooling System Fan

*Full Function Remote Control

*Illuminated Display

*MSRP:$1,780USD

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like the way that they saved a few cents in manufacture by using a yellow/white/red group on the video in/out section instead of the usual 3 single yellow sockets.

The backpanel also has some amusing mis-spelling.

Expected in an instruction manual these days but really unacceptable silk screened onto a chassis.