What is this worth?

It was a nice DAC in its time. I remember them sounding detailed, natural and spacious... but it's been a while. I wouldn't pay more than about $800 considering some of the good cheap DACs (like the benchmark) that you could pick up for around $1k second hand.

EDIT: Just noticed the offer price. I think it's reasonable.

LHH;115354 wrote:
It was a nice DAC in its time. I remember them sounding detailed, natural and spacious... but it's been a while. I wouldn't pay more than about $800 considering some of the good cheap DACs (like the benchmark) that you could pick up for around $1k second hand.

EDIT: Just noticed the offer price. I think it's reasonable.

Thanks. I looked at some of the reviews and it was rated highly but, of course, they were a few years old. I have listened to older DACs in the past and I have quite liked some of them.

I'll hold out for Korea next week

I have this DAC and it is a nice one. It sounds very natural to me. No, it doesnt have the more modern features, so what it is worth to anyone is based on what it is used for. Me, right now, I just use mine with my CD transport. It is a great DAC that way - since that is the only function it was really designed for.

If you need it as a USB or hi-res DAC, then you should look eslewhere.