Someone recently listed a scruffy $20 no reserve 301 on TM. What was interesting was that there was a request for a buy now within 4 minutes of listing (Windscreen was caught napping - he asked 2 minutes later!). Seems like some people must spend their lives hovering over the PC, waiting for the unwary to post a bargain.

M

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moby;111353 wrote:
Someone recently listed a scruffy $20 no reserve 301 on TM. What was interesting was that there was a request for a buy now within 4 minutes of listing (Windscreen was caught napping - he asked 2 minutes later!).

Was that you then, requesting the Buy Now, moby? :D

gortnipper;111436 wrote:
kinda like a classic car - except it doesnt need a panel beater!

Are we looking at the same 301 here???? It looks like it needs a panel beater, spray painter, and then and engine and gearbox rebuild.:D

abarth;111440 wrote:
Are we looking at the same 301 here???? It looks like it needs a panel beater, spray painter, and then and engine and gearbox rebuild.
:D

OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any Bondo". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by Body Shops in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read panelbeater.

:(

gortnipper;111461 wrote:
OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any
Bondo
". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by
Body Shops
in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read
panelbeater

I'm only taking the piss and I'm sure it would 'scrub up well'.

gortnipper;111461 wrote:
OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any
Bondo
". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by
Body Shops
in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read
panelbeater

we call it 'bog' or sometimes 'filler'

gortnipper;111489 wrote:
I know.

Have to be careful with the cardigan wearing, pipe smooking Garrard lovers as they can be a bit sensative. I have heard they can be almost as sensative as some Naim owners (note I said "some Naim owners" so as not to tar all Naim owners with the same brush).

Ernie;111494 wrote:
It's a pretty big brush you got there...

Good point as I don't know any Naim owners that wear cardigans or smoke pipes. Come to think of it I don't know any Garrard owners that fit that description either, except maybe the 6Moons gang.

Right I'm off to extract my tongue out of my cheek.

abarth;111490 wrote:
Have to be careful with the cardigan wearing, pipe smooking Garrard lovers as they can be a bit sensative. I have heard they can be almost as sensative as some Naim owners (note I said "some Naim owners" so as not to tar all Naim owners with the same brush).

LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records :)

DodgyConnection;111522 wrote:
LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records
:)

I'm lost for words!!!! Here I was thinking that the cardy wearing Garrard lover (with pipe in hand), was an urban myth.

DodgyConnection;111522 wrote:
LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records
:)

Hmm...I thought the most popular mixture for dubstep was a green one? :D