Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Someone recently listed a scruffy $20 no reserve 301 on TM. What was interesting was that there was a request for a buy now within 4 minutes of listing (Windscreen was caught napping - he asked 2 minutes later!). Seems like some people must spend their lives hovering over the PC, waiting for the unwary to post a bargain.

M

Link to post
Share on other sites

moby;111353 wrote:
Someone recently listed a scruffy $20 no reserve 301 on TM. What was interesting was that there was a request for a buy now within 4 minutes of listing (Windscreen was caught napping - he asked 2 minutes later!).

Was that you then, requesting the Buy Now, moby? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites




 

gortnipper;111436 wrote:
kinda like a classic car - except it doesnt need a panel beater!

 

Are we looking at the same 301 here???? It looks like it needs a panel beater, spray painter, and then and engine and gearbox rebuild.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

abarth;111440 wrote:
Are we looking at the same 301 here???? It looks like it needs a panel beater, spray painter, and then and engine and gearbox rebuild.
:D

 

OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any Bondo". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by Body Shops in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read panelbeater.

:(

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

gortnipper;111461 wrote:
OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any
Bondo
". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by
Body Shops
in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read
panelbeater
.

 

:(

 

I'm only taking the piss and I'm sure it would 'scrub up well'.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

gortnipper;111461 wrote:
OK - please forgive my poor Ki-winglish. As a Yank, I wanted to say "except it doesnt need any
Bondo
". But I dont know if you have or know what Bondo is down here - it is a brand of body filler used by
Body Shops
in the US. So, instead I bastardized it to read
panelbeater
.

 

:(

 

we call it 'bog' or sometimes 'filler'

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

gortnipper;111489 wrote:
I know.

 

Have to be careful with the cardigan wearing, pipe smooking Garrard lovers as they can be a bit sensative. I have heard they can be almost as sensative as some Naim owners (note I said "some Naim owners" so as not to tar all Naim owners with the same brush).

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ernie;111494 wrote:
It's a pretty big brush you got there...

 

Good point as I don't know any Naim owners that wear cardigans or smoke pipes. Come to think of it I don't know any Garrard owners that fit that description either, except maybe the 6Moons gang.

 

Right I'm off to extract my tongue out of my cheek.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

abarth;111490 wrote:
Have to be careful with the cardigan wearing, pipe smooking Garrard lovers as they can be a bit sensative. I have heard they can be almost as sensative as some Naim owners (note I said "some Naim owners" so as not to tar all Naim owners with the same brush).

 

LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

DodgyConnection;111522 wrote:
LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records
:)

 

I'm lost for words!!!! Here I was thinking that the cardy wearing Garrard lover (with pipe in hand), was an urban myth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL...

 

We might be staring down the epicentre of an urban legend. Send in Mythbusters. Does Dodgy sound better with or without his cardy? That would make one arcane episode. Hope they won't have to blow up any gear though...

 

Sorry, I'm bored, I'm letting my imagination run loose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

DodgyConnection;111522 wrote:
LOL - I have a 301 and a cardy and occaisionally smoke a pipe (a nice 1967 Dunhill). Nothing better than cardying up, pouring a malt, lighting up some Latakia mixture and listening to the 301 dragging the bass out of my dubstep and grime records
:)

 

Hmm...I thought the most popular mixture for dubstep was a green one? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

abarth;111527 wrote:
I'm lost for words!!!! Here I was thinking that the cardy wearing Garrard lover (with pipe in hand), was an urban myth.

 

There is a grain of truth in all urban myths... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...