New speakers!

Gidday s4turn,

turn down the master volume on the pc - a lot of them drive into clipping quite easily at 100% ... I usually run mine around 80 - 85% and let the reciever do the work - it sounds a lot better like this.

Make sure your soundcard is set at 16/44 - if you get it to upsample it may sound tizzy.

Cheers, Shane.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s4turn;106418 wrote:
yeah its pretty acceptable for my PC I suppose, I can confirm the signal is clearer, also dont have to turn the amp up as much
:)

but I still need something for my lounge setup

I've found VBR mp3's and wav's sound good, but when i play a CD, its kind of Peaky?
:P
on some notes.. i might have to check if Windows media player is applying some stupid EQ effect

however the dvd player was definitely a noticable improvement over the PC cd/dvd drive

just a nicer, cleaner sound, less noise

You could get a couple of Firestone Fubar IIs for the same price as a Spitfire. These are USB enabled only, so if you wanted to use a CD or DVD player as a transport then the Spitfire would still be the way to go.

Low Orbit;106422 wrote:
Gidday s4turn,

turn down the master volume on the pc - a lot of them drive into clipping quite easily at 100% ... I usually run mine around 80 - 85% and let the reciever do the work - it sounds a lot better like this.

Make sure your soundcard is set at 16/44 - if you get it to upsample it may sound tizzy.

Cheers, Shane.

cheers will check this

Ernie;106423 wrote:
You could get a couple of Firestone Fubar IIs for the same price as a Spitfire. These are USB enabled only, so if you wanted to use a CD or DVD player as a transport then the Spitfire would still be the way to go.

interesting, I suppose I could use the optical out from my HTPC for movies and general TV and then when I want to listen music, switch to the USB fubar device?

Im just wondering if the Denon will try to process the analogue signal from say the DAC? or would that be the "Direct" Setting on the amp to bypass that?