Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
little blue penguin

Oh my god, Omegaspeedy.. what are you up to?

Recommended Posts

I know, he's finally upgraded to an Ipod based mini system. :)

 

Seriously tho - WTF is going on?

 

Did I precipitate this by saying just ths week that you'd had a reasonably stable system for a wee while now? :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


BLH's sold

Tri pre sold

 

Looking for a set of B200's and a Dayens Ampino as a down size without the big loss of sound performance.

 

I can now pay the theiving dentist :(. Don't know how they can sleep at night but that's another story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

omegaspeedy;105459 wrote:

 

 

 

I can now pay the theiving dentist
:(
. Don't know how they can sleep at night but that's another story!

 

I'll ask my father...:D

 

Mind you, he's not really the thieving type of Dentist, so I'm sure he sleeps fine.

 

ha ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primere sold, Dayen Ampino bought, dentist payed. Those Dayens are the hot oil! Visaton B200's will arrive tomorrow to be placed in an OB for run-in. Still wanting to try in an Impulse Hx Cab. I think it might work with some minor tweeking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man, surely you knew the best option was to bash out all of your teeth with a hammer and eat through a straw forever...:)

 

I looked at one of those Ampinos for the bedroom, they certainly are the business!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


g.bastard still has his Ampino for sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to buy it actually... But now I have changed my plans, the t-amp is going to the bedroom, and probably a pair of Quad actives for the computer... woohoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Newbie;105789 wrote:
g.bastard still has his Ampino for sale

 

Don't think he does. I asked him to relist and nothing so I went and bought one new.

 

Neil I was thinking of that idea and putting in some billy-bob teeth but I thought the airline might not like it. I might scare the passengers when I smile at them:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

:( a day to late........If he'd put it on when I requested I would have gone for it! I'd been looking out for it every day since the auction finished. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do share more about thee B200 OBs. I've always had an interest in those - especially if easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primare nicely settled into its new home :)

 

Anybody want to buy a Rotel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

tkr001;105831 wrote:
Primare nicely settled into its new home
:)

 

 

 

Anybody want to buy a Rotel?

 

:)Glad your happy Tony. Does the colour of the metal work match the modwright?

 

 

CC
Do share more about thee B200 OBs. I've always had an interest in those - especially if easy.

 

I'm picking the drivers up tomorrow and it's all new to me so will be a bit of an adventure I think. I'm going to put them on a panel that is 'square' with 'rounded edges' the driver will be 'offset so no distance from edge of driver is to edge of baffle is equal' and add sound absorbing compound to the back of the baffle. Wide will give more bass but less sound staging and narrow will give good soundstaging but less bass:) It should however sound very airy with little boxiness sounds.

 

That's what I've read so far.

 

I'm still going to try them in a H2 type setup as the one on the 'group speaker build' thread as I think this will give a reinforced bass and still the benefits of no cross over. Though it will have to be upscaled in size. There will be a colouration added as the negitive side.

 

I'll keep you posted.

 

Cheers James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

omegaspeedy;105832 wrote:
:)Glad your happy Tony. Does the colour of the metal work match the modwright?

 

Nope, but nothing I have matches the Modwright blue so its not an issue for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

omegaspeedy;105809 wrote:

 

 

 

Neil I was thinking of that idea and putting in some billy-bob teeth but I thought the airline might not like it. I might scare the passengers when I smile at them:)

 

Well they did make you amputate that banjo thumb... so Walton's style teeth were probably not the best plan!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

omegaspeedy;105832 wrote:
I'm picking the drivers up tomorrow and it's all new to me so will be a bit of an adventure I think. I'm going to put them on a panel that is 'square' with 'rounded edges' the driver will be 'offset so no distance from edge of driver is to edge of baffle is equal' and add sound absorbing compound to the back of the baffle. Wide will give more bass but less sound staging and narrow will give good soundstaging but less bass:) It should however sound very airy with little boxiness sounds.

Perhaps facetted panel like the Lowther room in the Positive Feedback pics in the RMAF thread?

 

A pal of mine used to have tapered edge panels, so that the baffle width varied... perhaps minimising/softening baffle step characteristic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

neil;105842 wrote:
Well they did make you amputate that banjo thumb... so Walton's style teeth were probably not the best plan!
:P

 

 

The teeth could have matched the third nipple though!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Owen Y;105849 wrote:
Perhaps facetted panel like the Lowther room in the Positive Feedback pics in the RMAF thread?

 

 

 

A pal of mine used to have tapered edge panels, so that the baffle width varied... perhaps minimising/softening baffle step characteristic.

 

Owen I looked for the thread mentioned but have trouble finding it. Have you got a link?

 

Cheers James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Owen Y;105899 wrote:
This one...

 

 

They look VERY nice Owen! I've got the B200's playing now on a 1200mm by 600mm baffle. Nice and clear but not enough bass energy for me. I'm going to go ahead with a horn loaded cab that is better looking than my Fostex horns. A cab slightly wider than the driver, quite deep though with one or two folds exiting out the bottom of the cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have read Steve Rochlin's review of the B200 'No Box' design?... http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equipment/0606/visation_nobox_bb_loudspeaker.htm

 

Unfortunately, it does confirm that low damping factor amps (SETs, Pass First Watt...) work best with these 'fullrange' types of spkrs.... fuller bass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...