Sign in to follow this  
hopeman

Plinius 8200P power amp for sale

It happened so many times, around 80 watchers but only 1 bid and it sold.

I wonder why the people like to add it to watch list but never ever intend to bid?

Oh yes, add to watch list cost nothing.

Anyway, TM is a good place to buy & sell PLINIUS gear...

People add to the watchlist because they want to see the auction fail and try to get a bargain

I find it more perplexing that the people who ask all the questions are never the ones who bid let alone win.

Guest Guest

I add heaps of stuff to my watchlist purely out of an interest to see what things sell for. Best way to get and idea of what things are worth.

Yeah, going on Trademe is the new going out. A Claytons shopping experience that most NZ households have turned on to for obvious reasons...

Guest Guest

Ernie;101939 wrote:
Yeah, going on Trademe is the new going out. A Claytons shopping experience that most NZ households have turned on to for obvious reasons...

Ha ha! So true. Hey - have you got any of that sarcasm for sale?:D I love it!

:D

Geez I just wish I was the one who took the risk starting Trademe in the first place! :o

Hi Halo88,

brief & amateurish comment:

1. If you are looking for 300B type of sound, it's not, not sure it's due to P&P circuit design or 845 is entirely different from 300B.

2. The 60W power blow the 8200P 175W out of the water, I used to set the volum to 10:45 but now had to down to 9:15 otherwise it's too loud.

3. As ASL's major market is in state, so it's a typical USA sound, not Britannic sound. As it's tube amp so I would say it's like Krell's power with warmer midrange.

4. Huge and deep sound stage, quite obvious, blow the 8200P out of water again.

5. Little bit fat and incompact bass, much more bass than 8200P but 8200P got tight bass.

6. High density of sound.

6. Does NOT match Plinius CD-LAD pre-amp, sound a little bit forward & bright, will get a tube pre-amp from a member in this forum for a trial and see how it goes.

6. ASL stock 845 is made by Shuguang, and Shuguang did make 3 different type of 845, 845, 845B & 845C, according to Shuguang, 845C is less power but more musical?

I have ordered a quad 845C from China, will be here next month.(Delivery by bicycle!)

Will try to find some NOS 12au7 for fun.

Out of topic, when I pick them up, I listen the seller's system (fatboy?), just one comment, I wish I win the lotto this week and get them all! In my opinion, the sound I want to die for but not pay for as I need to sold my house without winning the lotto. :-)))

Hi Hopeman, :)

Thanks for your update.

Yes Jason's fatboys are a spectacular sounding speaker.

Please let us know how well the Shuguang 845c tubes work out.

Thanks & Regards. :)