Mcintosh pre and 120 watt power amp.

Didn't see any "time waster" etc feedback for the buyer, windscreen.

256 positive feedbacks. 127 are from individual members, and count towards the final rating.

1 neutral feedbacks.

0 negative feedbacks.

As long as you got pay, you won't care who buy it, IMHO.

When someone said they blacklist windscreen, just because he always ask buy now?

mr.pharmacist;99690 wrote:
Now the seller can have the pleasure of hounding him for payment and pick-up.....

michael w;99721 wrote:
Ditto.

Being curious ... after a few stumbles, a search on "intosh" eventually got it:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Amplifiers-tuners/auction-235881194.htm

See also an earlier auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Amplifiers-tuners/auction-235902839.htm

michael w;99721 wrote:
Was this the CR7 remote control mis-named as a preamp ?

No, that was http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Amplifiers-tuners/auction-230367025.htm

In regard to "windscreen", goods going to China etc; I'm with "hopeman" just above. I've found him a very pleasant, helpful, honest young man; and an extremely prompt payer, which has been a godsend more than once since we share the same bank, payment being instant

In fact, although I've reluctantly sold a few "treasures" that I likely would have got more for on Ebay, I possibly wouldn't have the power or phone or internet on right now were it not for selling a few further items to him last week, outside of TM, after previous TM sales, and with instant payment.

I gather that his previous brief account disruption on TM was due to them detecting his mainland partner friend logging in via his account...

Yes, after decades of classic hifi going to Japan, it now seems that, particularly in the more Westernised cities, or those with a long Western or European presence, there are well-heeled Chinese collectors.

So, once one has decided to sell, and has accepted a price ... does some nationalistic ideology really have a place? Or would a higher price still smooth that over? In the end, an auction is an auction.

One might indeed get a higher price on Ebay, even 150-200% above what "windscreen would go to, for some items, if one were to make the effort... and were prepared to wait for the transaction to complete, etc.

hopeman;99714 wrote:
Didn't see any "time waster" etc feedback for the buyer, windscreen.

256 positive feedbacks. 127 are from individual members, and count towards the final rating.

1 neutral feedbacks.

0 negative feedbacks.

As long as you got pay, you won't care who buy it, IMHO.

When someone said they blacklist windscreen, just because he always ask buy now?

I guess I said more than I intended.

Anyhoo. Forget it. Not important.

I don't have a problem with stuff going to China-if it meets a good user who's going to listen to it then isn't that all anyone could ask for? Ear-splitting karaoke so be it :)

Incidentally, I lived in Korea 5 years on-off and going back next month and Hi-Fi is almost unheard of. Local protectionism protects a non-existent home market (though did have a student with some formidable looking money-no-object amps that he was on the design team for) .Vietnam Vet Pops had a mega Sony system in the early 80s. He kept his his Beta recorder but hiffed the stereo. It's all MP3s and whatever replaces that now.

I have no axe to grind against windscreen and his Chinese mafia mates that are buying up all the good vintage stiff on TM ...it is just that they are cashed up and buying them for a purpose...to make profit. I have delt with him myself with some old vintage tubes I had on t.m. and it was a very pleasant and quick transaction.

The problem I see, is that this type of quality vintage audio gear, that they are buying, is going out of the country, and will never return. Some newer audio people will loose the chance to ever hear how good some of it sounds at this rate....and all they will ever get to hear is compressed computer crap.

So it ended up being a slugging match between Sam and Wen...and Sam blinked first - I guess it doesn't really matter who won, the gear is going to end up in the same place.. My only dealing with Wen/Windscreen has been pleasant, and my only issue is that oft repeated request "Can I have a buy now", presumably hoping to catch an unknowledgable vendor. New Zealand(ers) certainly can lay no claim to the good stuff (Tannoy, Western Electric etc etc) as none of it originated here, OTOH who in their right mind would want to collect Bell Dim 5s, AWA Serious 9s and all the other dreck turned out by our highly protected industry.

M