SF Guarneri Homage / BW 805 signature

Hey - that photo does not do them justice in the slightest. They must be seen to be appreciated or at least get a decent photo of them.

They're one of the most stunning standmounters I've ever gazed eyes on. Their pedestals are a work of art themselves.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reply from the seller from my request for a fixed price offer...:(

Does anyone know the seller? (Pete) I'd just like to let him know that I'm keen with cash in hand.

During the auction I was not in the postion I am in now (able to borrow from joint bank account against the future sale of my current speakers).

I'm not asking to pay anything less than the reserve ($5500) and happy to deal through TM or otherwise.

curious_george;94891 wrote:
Fixed price offer has been made...

Thank you kindly for the notification, it may well have slipped under my radar here at work despite my intermittant checks.

I am now the owner of a pair of Guarneri homage speakers.

A bit of a dream really.

aarond;94905 wrote:
Thank you kindly for the notification, it may well have slipped under my radar here at work despite my intermittant checks.

I am now the owner of a pair of Guarneri homage speakers.

A bit of a dream really.

Congratulations!!!!!!

When do you pick them up? You will post impressions won't you?

Did you get them for reserve?

FRICKING AWESOME SIR!!!! AWESOME.... I certainly sure the banter you have received was all in good fun, and we didn't 'pressure' you too much with telling you how good they are.

I hope they're your dream speaker and I know that having listened to these speakers at FF's house with the quality high end gear he has feeding them - you will NEVER need to change them again, they will just continue to get better and better the more you feed the signal to them.

can't wait to hear your impressions and thoughts. One thing though... Grills off! now go hug them

deano

aarond;94930 wrote:
I ordered a set of finite elements cereballs a couple of days ago

Good stuff - I have the cerabases screwed into the bottom of my 'sound creations' 5 shelf rack... unimaginable improvement there.

experiment using the ceraballs between your source and your amp - might get better gains from one than the other. (unless you run monos n pre)...

ah yes! great quip there too. i do indeed see the relevance of a new set of appendages! good luck lol

aarond;94930 wrote:
... my new set of balls had arrived.

I suspect I may be needing them once the true significance of the new acquisition is realised at home.

I think you may have missed the joke there Tristar :D

Great that you got hold of the SF's in the end aarond, otherwise you may have gone to your grave still wondering ... :D

I had a similar dilemma when my Proacs came up 2nd hand a few years ago, although I had the benefit of a lengthy home trial. It was pretty much a now or never situation though. A bit of tension for a while, both financial & domestic :o The bank account & the wife recovered eventually ;)

Enjoy :)

B.

Guest Guest

Hi, From the Arizona desert--Near Page actually--not much would make me mail at this time 6AM and already 83F!--but congrats in order they are wonderful speakers.

My observations with them is to very slightly tilt them back on the rear spikes-only 1or2 degrees will make a difference.

Be careful I would not use the Wilson setup method-too much toein-you only need a slither of the inner sides visible from the Listening chair,

Kudos again and Good listening!

DesW

Thank you all for the kind feedback, it seems that there is a finely tuned audio grapevine out there. I had someone email me who I have only met once to congradulate me on the acquisition...

I'm very keen now to find out what the fuss is about.

What to play first? Might have to be a favourite jazz album, perhaps the wonderful Charlie Haden / Pat Metheney 'Beyond the Missouri Skies'.

aarond;95014 wrote:
What to play first? Might have to be a favourite jazz album, perhaps the wonderful Charlie Haden / Pat Metheney 'Beyond the Missouri Skies'.

While we may have different aesthetic tastes when it comes to speakers, agree re this album - quite sublime. One Quiet Night's also pretty good (and includes some of the stuff he played at the Wgtn concert a year or so back)...

Boris;95038 wrote:
Set up is covered briefly in the manual:

By eye it looks like having the speakers about 2/5's into the room and the listener 2/5's of the room length off the rear wall. That's certainly along the lines of what I've tried and it works great. Now aarond, about the room you were going to save by replacing the floorstanders with stand mounts . . . :D

Cheers,

Craig.

Craig F;95047 wrote:
By eye it looks like having the speakers about 2/5's into the room and the listener 2/5's of the room length off the rear wall. That's certainly along the lines of what I've tried and it works great. Now aarond, about the room you were going to save by replacing the floorstanders with stand mounts . . .
:D

Cheers,

Craig.

Yikes these things are HUGE!! The stands are > 1m, with the marble bases the actual speaker is at chest level.

What a work of art.

Now to go and have a listen, I've got to re-terminate my speaker cables first as they snapped off when removing from the GPs. Spades...:(