Sign in to follow this  

I believe so. When I noticed he bought so many Classical LP. But shipping fee won't be cheap, and you can only sell the mint LP with good price in China, good condiction is unacceptable. Also particular press is very desirable.

Declannz;96396 wrote:
Wen will pay. The stuff he buys goes to China for re-sale.

There's almost no point bidding on tube gear or vintage speakers any more. Wen pays huge sums of money for anything that turns up. He's sniped lots of Tannoys and things by getting people to pull the auction and deal with him directly as well. Just doesn't seem to play fair.

Good for the sellers of the vintage gear though...:)

This has happened before... certain individuals were collecting & shipping vintage goods to Japan. Back in the Trade & Exchange days.

Different country this time, that's all.

It's happened for yrs with valves.

Now it is getting crazy...he just bid for and won a pair of Telefunkens 12ax7,and other assorted non important tubes for $570.00!!!!!

I kept re-reading the auction wondering if there was something I was missing when it was $150...

That suitcase of tubes you have up on trademe is an interesting little little thing ssegrub, never seen one of those before!

ssegrub;96462 wrote:
Now it is getting crazy...he just bid for and won a pair of Telefunkens 12ax7,and other assorted non important tubes for $570.00!!!!!

Tulips, anyone ?

M

It is an ex valve repairmans(persons) Philips spare tube kit.....

I wonder if the would want that in China?

Don't need thoughts from from the tube experts anymore, it's on its way to CHINA.

:-)

Halo88;96496 wrote:
Hi All,

But what of the TELEFUNKEN ecc803.5?

If that is a misprint & the tube is actually a ecc803s, then it is very rare & valuable.

Any thoughts from the tube experts?

Regards.
:)

That is exactly what it was...plus two smooth plates. Would of been a nice deal for a couple hundy.

Have to find a new unsung piece of tube gear.

:confused:

Looks like it was worth over $1000USD alone ...let alone the 2 x Telefunken 12ax7/ecc83.

the ecc803 is a fine tube - only ever had one and I sold it 3 years ago to a friend for $300 - sounded amazing in my phono preamp :rolleyes:

I thouhgt about buying it for 500 to flick along on ebay, and keep the smooth plates. But, I dont have the money at the moment and there was just enough risk not to...

I suggest you consider tube equipment from designers who are clever enough to employ non-standard tubes.

There are many non-standard but not uncommon, audio quality, cheaper tubes.

Most designers mimic or just tweak standard cct configs.

Owen Y;96516 wrote:
I suggest you consider tube equipment from designers who are clever enough to employ non-standard tubes.

I do believe this is the case with Ecofansound amps. Murray tends to use glass that isn't usual fare...

Owen Y;96516 wrote:

Leben sound like they do this in a lot of the cases.

Depends on your point of view. Tweak or hotrod. You would be surprised to find a lot of high-end companies end up taking standard designs and components and then modify them for improved performance. Even with DVD/Blu ray players.

omegaspeedy;96540 wrote:
Leben sound like they do this in a lot of the cases.

Ernie;96542 wrote:
Depends on your point of view. Tweak or hotrod. You would be surprised to find a lot of high-end companies end up taking standard designs and components and then modify them for improved performance. Even with DVD/Blu ray players.

My thoughts were Leben design their own amps. There are only so many ways to skin a cat no doubt but they skin it their way and have a strong following because of it. Also the styling is great to. Some of the best looking amps around IMO.