• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seller bought it $1750 from a guy in Auckland on Trademe a fews months ago, I did see the auction and I did have 6 hours to click the buy now, now I am so repentant!

omegaspeedy;93832 wrote:
For just a little bit more you could get these nice Manley's. They are so tempting....

Agreed, crazy price... $1500ea may sound more palatable, but... in as-is condition, one front chassis has been butchered & at least one needing after-market repaint, the caps would all be history, the only thing original will be the tagboards, wiring & trannies... assuming the latter are still OK. If not, then that WOULD be a major to find anyone capable of fixing these OPTs. Nah.

Mr Enz, you really should've kept your TL12/s ;)

Here is the inside news on why all this stuff is going for these crazy prices.

Certain traders who will remain nameless, but can easily identified by there bidding patterns,are buying this stuff to ship up to China. It is resold there at huge profit margins, as they cant get enough of old Vintage British Hi Fi Equipment and tubes.

So dig it out of your cupboards and stick it on Trade me and watch the action....

• 2 weeks later...

MosfetMainac;95585 wrote:
theyre baaaaaack!

Sucks to see he didn't get the $$, there should be a $$ buying limit for new bidders with zero history.

Unless you're from Nigeria, and have an uncle who is President of a local bank. Then you have funds to burn and should be able to bid up large on trademe. I have this on good authority (a strange looking dude in the Mosgiel New World).

:)

Hi All. :)

Additionally some valves purchased here in NZ on TM, are resold on Audiogon at largely inflated prices.:eek:

Regards.

=========================================================================

[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.

- Al Capp