Sign in to follow this  
maxgate

Subwoofer in disguise

No, it's not for audio equipment - although the item could make a powerful subwoofer. And the description is bladder-threatening. [Note that the auction has 254 unanswered questions, however around 70 have been answered and they're worth reading too]

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Laundry/Washing-machines/Top-loader-6kg-under/auction-223309871.htm

The vendor writes:

'Old mid 80's Fisher and Paykel top loader.

Goes like a rocket!

By 'goes like a rocket' I actually mean that literally.

It actually shakes the house.

It's the loudest most violent sounding washing machine I have ever encountered.

It makes guests scared and children cry. I've lived with it like that for almost a year and it still scares me.

Once while washing a load of towells it got a bit out of balance and it got so out of control for a minute that I swear I actually saw a porthole to another dimension open above it just for a second, there were dinosaurs on the otherside and they looked scared too, it almost sucked me in but I held onto for my life to the deepfreeze. It sucked my shoes and pants off though and it got the iron as well which pissed me off because it was quite a good one. Luckily it sucked it's own power cord out of the wall and stopped before the whole house went in.

I drew a picture of the dinosaurs i saw incase people didn't believe me, they are partly red because my green felt ran out half way through.'

- No, I haven't corrected his grammar or spelling. Hell, if you read the complete text then you'll be laughing so loudly that you won't be able to hear your stereo.

Guest Guest

THAT is freakin' hilarious!!! That guy is now my all time number one favorite TM seller. I'll be laughing for at least a week. :D

Even better than the auction the night the Sky satellite fell over - and that one was really funny