The story is I've been using the A5 as a transport (running into a Benchmark DAC) so it's a shame to have those 6112's sitting there....

I actually really like the new Yammy gear. But I've also always wanted to own a Naim.

Changing gear for the sake of it? Yes.

But thats Hi-Fi-Nut-i-tis.

Mevunky;92275 wrote:
Buy a Naim
;)
do it!

I loved the change and ill certainly buying more/turning into a zealot.

That is the risk with Naim. One day you can listen to different brands and see their relative strengths/weaknesses etc, the next day all you can hear is how "not Naim" they are. Weird.

Cheers,

Craig.

P.S. Not bagging the brand as my favourite home system I've ever heard is all Naim electronics.

Yep, cold feet.

Despite the MF being a slightly frustrating player to use, the sound produced, be it as a transport or stand alone....it's just so musical....

So it's staying until I clear the mortgage and can afford a Nagra.

Maybe in 15 years time....!

got tinnitus;92333 wrote:
Yep, cold feet.

Despite the MF being a slightly frustrating player to use, the sound produced, be it as a transport or stand alone....it's just so musical....

So it's staying until I clear the mortgage and can afford a Nagra.

Maybe in 15 years time....!

and to think I nearly snapped that up....damn!

why do you say 'frustrating to use'?

My Wadia is slow. The display is either on - or off. It has one mode. The remote is good for biffing at a misbehaving cat. There are no other whistles of bells BUT the sound (with my taste in music) is just amazing. I have an A5 in between that and the Dyns. If your CDP is on a quslity par - you ARE doing the right thing. Trust me

Halo88;92406 wrote:
Hi Ross F,

Which model Wadia do you have?

It's a 302 and I can hear you saying "Shoulda bought a 861!!!!' :D Yeh, yeh, yeh. Maybe. But I had enough trouble explaining this one away. Get the idea?