Sign in to follow this  
XOtago

Anyone want to own up?

omegaspeedy;92246 wrote:
Definately not worth the asking price! 33K for a 12K speaker? WTF! Those Hornings are another story. Very nice looking and I bet sounding. At a reasonable 10K you would get a lot of good speaker for your buck. Oh and those Ravens look great too.

Did I miss some nuance earlier in the thread - something about 12K speakers? Am I merely feed a troll? If not, how is the 12K arrived at? :confused:

AudioEnz;92325 wrote:
I'm not sure why you think that one - and one only - hi-fi distributor should be allowed to use these forums as his personal advertising vehicle while other members of the hi-fi industry are barred from doing so.

Perhaps you could explain your reasoning.

Michael

I am not against your reasoning for barring him as I am not obviously privy to all that went on and on face value he may indeed have shot himself in the foot.

Where my concern is with what appears to be an ongoing vendetta you have with him and whenever his name or products are refered to or mentioned you have a degree of hostility in your responses. And with what appears to be your obvious oblivion to others advertsing on TM but who also continue to partcipate in this forum but who do not get the same wrath from you.

On Face Value (Phil Collins) seems a bit one eyed to me.

To end it, it is a real pity he is barred because the guy has a lot he could contribute to this forum as have the others in this field and I think we are poorer for his excommunication.

FF

frequentflyer;92451 wrote:
I am not against your reasoning for barring him as I am not obviously privy to all that went on and on face value he may indeed have shot himself in the foot.

Repeatedly broke forum rules, despite a lot of assistance from me as to how he could stay here.

Where my concern is with what appears to be an ongoing vendetta you have with him

I have no feelings for or against him and his operations, aside from his actions on the forum. There is no vendetta on my part towards him and I really don't understand how you could have that perception.

and whenever his name or products are refered to or mentioned you have a degree of hostility in your responses.

Not so. There have been plenty of mentions of Parmenter and his products on the forums. I have no problem with anyone on the forum discussing Parementer and the products he distributes.

What I do have a problem with is a forum member acting as an advertising agent for Parmenter, constantly talking about Parmenter's TradeMe auctions. As I've said before, this is a discussion forum, not a means for distributors to advertise their wares. That forum member (Tom) has now been suspended from the forum.

Other trade members (Neil and Ernie, for example) have also had their posts deleted and received warnings. Ernie still has the scars.

And with what appears to be your obvious oblivion to others advertsing on TM but who also continue to partcipate in this forum but who do not get the same wrath from you.

Why why why do you think I care one way or another who advertises what on TradeMe? This is an issue that only exists in your mind.

To end it, it is a real pity he is barred because the guy has a lot he could contribute to this forum as have the others in this field and I think we are poorer for his excommunication.

It's entirely Parmenter's decision whether he wants to be here. He knows that there are rules on this forum that need to be adhered to and he chooses to ignore them. His choice, his loss.

Michael

And with what appears to be your obvious oblivion to others advertsing on TM but who also continue to partcipate in this forum but who do not get the same wrath from you.

FF

I might try and tackle this one. I've been aware of peeps on here that are industry. They seem to fall into 3 seperate catergories.

1. "Transparently Welcome"; We all know as they happily acknowledge their connection, and don't even look like abusing us nor the system. Gopal or Neil would immediately spring to mind, along with anyone mentioning their business in their sig. No wrath needed.

2. "Whoops I slipped up": occassional crossing over the line, perhaps intentionally or probably accidental. Mike ENZ clears his throat (oft in a PM to them) and they migrate to catergory 1. The non-wrathful approach of Michael works well here.

3. "Shark Attacks"; those that know jolly well what they're doing but do it anyhow, feign righteousness indignation when accosted, ignore gentle clearing of the ENZ throat, then less gentle clearing of the ENZ shotgun and then cry "I didn't know" or "there's nothing wrong with what I'm doing" when publicly challenged. Slowly heading to the wrathful zone.

When 3 becomes a repeat, it wears thin. Even then Mr ENZ has been known to offer repeat warnings, then temporary bans before moving onto permanent bans. He's not an ACT supporter as you need a bit more than 3 strikes before he throws away the key.

Yes he is a little acerbic in regards to Mr P. But given the history of possibly our worst offendor (and it would seem that the "Tom" was just the latest) and I can understand it. Jason may well be a paragon of integrity in the real world but his cyber activities don't raise admiration and respect from many of us. I'm surprised he has any toes left by now.

To gain Michael's ongoing wrath one needs to consistently work at it. He doesn't give it away for free. Gopal and Neil fail miserably here, they're far too lazy!

:)

jcooze;92459 wrote:
Gopal and Neil fail miserably here, they're far too lazy!

:)

hahahaha!!! So true!!

nixon76;92350 wrote:
Did I miss some nuance earlier in the thread - something about 12K speakers? Am I merely feed a troll? If not, how is the 12K arrived at? :confused:

Nixon, 12K is a figure taken from how I see the worth of a speaker based on what it is (quality, technology etc) vs what I would pay for it. It means nothing to anyone else and not worth arguing about. It's a perception thing that's all.

Cheers.

AudioEnz;92457 wrote:
...Ernie still has the scars.

Yep, a forum member wanted to know what they look like.

92496=2793-badgeofhonour.jpg

Pretty gnarly huh.

:eek:!! remind me not to pee Michael off. I guess for the real bad ones, castration might be on the cards?

Nope, extended listening sessions to ABBA I believe:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yup, that horrific possibility is well known to long term forum members & is quite adequate deterrent.

(Although there are closet ABBA masochists about.)

AudioEnz;92457 wrote:
Repeatedly broke forum rules, despite a lot of assistance from me as to how he could stay here.

I have no feelings for or against him and his operations, aside from his actions on the forum. There is no vendetta on my part towards him and I really don't understand how you could have that perception.

Not so. There have been plenty of mentions of Parmenter and his products on the forums. I have no problem with anyone on the forum discussing Parementer and the products he distributes.

What I do have a problem with is a forum member acting as an advertising agent for Parmenter, constantly talking about Parmenter's TradeMe auctions. As I've said before, this is a discussion forum, not a means for distributors to advertise their wares. That forum member (Tom) has now been suspended from the forum.

Other trade members (Neil and Ernie, for example) have also had their posts deleted and received warnings. Ernie still has the scars.

Why why why do you think I care one way or another who advertises what on TradeMe? This is an issue that only exists in your mind.

It's entirely Parmenter's decision whether he wants to be here. He knows that there are rules on this forum that need to be adhered to and he chooses to ignore them. His choice, his loss.

A lost cause me thinks and by the way my perception is my reality so I suggest you continue with what I observe are your illusions.

FF

frequentflyer;92520 wrote:
A lost cause me thinks and by the way my perception is my reality so I suggest you continue with what I observe are your illusions.

You may want to try adding a little reality to your delusions.

AudioEnz;92528 wrote:
You may want to try adding a little reality to your delusions.

Thats such funny and articulate statement Michael, where do you get them from. My delusions are my reality, just like yours are.

FF