Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
TD19

Selling some stuff (hopefully not rubbish)

Recommended Posts

Guest

No wubbish there.

 

Do you have a pic of the underside of the Energys ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pic of underside added to auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Stax phones look nice, how do they compare these days, in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Owen Y;91433 wrote:
Those Stax phones look nice, how do they compare these days, in your opinion?

 

To be honest I don't use headphones much and as a result these phones have had very little use since I bought them. However they still sound very good and compare very favourably with a pair of higher-end Grados that I bought as a gift for a relative a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thanks Tony.

 

Too bad they aren't in black :(

 

To answer the question about ESM2's, they came after the 22 and while using similar design principles, were a lower model and not of the same performance as the 22's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some years ago I "A-B" trialled a friend's Lambdas against my much older (early 1980s) SRXs. Collectively we couild tell no difference. Stax headphone quality seems consistently high. I toyed with idea of upgrading/updating but with a half decent front end they still sound pretty.

good. OTOH I only listen to Classical and Jazz and they may not be sufficiently brain numbing for other genres. Thye are enclosed phones and at the price Tony is asking, they're a bit of a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I've always fancied a set of Stax phones ;)

Too late for Buy Now :rolleyes:

 

 

TonyD;91526 wrote:
To be honest I don't use headphones much and as a result these phones have had very little use since I bought them. However they still sound very good and compare very favourably with a pair of higher-end Grados that I bought as a gift for a relative a few months ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Owen Y;91545 wrote:
Thanks, I've always fancied a set of Stax phones
;)

 

Too late for Buy Now :rolleyes:

 

If I didn't already have a pair I'd have placed a serious bid by now. It's a model that has been around for some time. A recent thread suggests that Stax don't cut it with the Rock fans. They do give a warm but very transparent sound IMHO and that's what like about them. Small combos and vocals sound excellent. I rather wish Tony had offered it to the forum first but.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ross F;91568 wrote:
I rather wish Tony had offered it to the forum first but.....

 

I did plan to but being a relative newbie I did not have authority to post in the forum (subseqently enabled by the moderator). However I also did not have a good feel for the price that might be obtained for an item of this vintage and thought it best therefore to place on TM with a fairly low starting price and let the market decide. Due to the exchange rate and an iniquitous shipping charge the replacement ear pads which I just received cost close to NZ$100!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm the only bidder so far on the Stax, and I was only wanting to try them out of a longstanding curiosity. I've always wondered what they sound like, but I listen to a lot of Americana music & alt-country, so not sure how they would go with that. I have some HD650s which I love, so I won't stop anyone else who's keen from outbidding me. At the great price they are going for at the moment, I'm sure there will be some furious bidding before the auction finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see they've gone from TM. Anyone we know get'em?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Ross F;91780 wrote:
I see they've gone from TM. Anyone we know get'em?

 

Still 22 hours to go with the reserve for the headphones met. No bids for the other two items yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

michael w;91380 wrote:
No wubbish there.

 

 

 

Do you have a pic of the underside of the Energys ?

 

Out of curiosity, why does the underside have to be black to be of interest to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

minimoke;91793 wrote:
Still 22 hours to go with the reserve for the headphones met. No bids for the other two items yet

 

Five hours to go and the price is starting to get a bit silly. OTOH Tony must be pretty pleased. Dogman, hanging back was a smart move. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I see that bidding (on the Stax) is now going in 2 cent increments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bidding War! Bidding War!

 

It's quite exciting. Sitting on the sideline...

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good price, gotta be happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Tony! Excellent price from your point of view. My guess was $500 tops (around what that model cost in 1985).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Cooksferry;91840 wrote:
Good price, gotta be happy with that.

 

True enough :-). The other two however failed to attract a bid even, which surprised me a little as I thought, obviously wrongly, that I had priced them quite reasonably and with no reserve. Maybe a symptom of the times?

Anyway I don't intend to relist on TM ... they had a fair crack there. I'm quite happy to hang on to them. However if any Audionz members are interested I will let the ARC preamp go for $2500 and the Energy speakers for $600 ... PM me if interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sign of the times, I agree. That you weren't selling a pre'power combo might have been a problem for some people. However an Audio Research amp for that price seems like a steal - but only if you need one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...