Sign in to follow this  
Declannz

Anyone want some Bose quality

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Speakers-and-stands/Other/auction-217607988.htm

There is another hifi forum I go to that bans you for a couple of days if you dis' Bose, so thought I'd post this here.

How can you not make fun of Bose though? It's like shooting fish in a barrel. A small barrel. With a lot of fish in it. And no water.

Looks like it may have come from a car too

I do wonder how the awesome quality has been measured

the things you could do with one?

6x9s are just blah at the best of times

Regards

BIG

"Looks like a cat peed in the middle of it?"

"...it hasn't affected the sound quality"

'nuf said.

Why, oh why, oh why does everyone piss on BOSE?

Yoose must all be snobs...:D

Surely, they have their place in the audio market? They may not be everyman's Image/Squeezebox/Rega/Linn/Perreaux/Naim/Nordost etc

I don't own or have ever owned Bose, but have heard some of their stuff. It generally sounds better than the equivalently priced Sony gear, would give quite a few Pioneer systems a run for their money etc

Not personally what I would buy, but not what I would call "piss poor" either....

Do a search on Bose on the forum and you'll (hopefully) find a bit where some physical analysis is carried out on the speakers. Enlightening reading.

Basically Bose are marketing geniuses, right up there with Monster etc ;)

[edit] Here is the article (http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html) and the containing thread (http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4635)

Why, oh why, oh why does everyone piss on MONSTER?

Yoose must all be snobs...

Surely, they have their place in the audio market? They may not be everyman's Image/Squeezebox/Rega/Linn/Perreaux/Naim/Nordost etc

I don't own or have ever owned Monster cables, but have heard some of their stuff. It generally sounds better than the equivalently priced Pudney cable, would give quite a few AR systems a run for their money etc

Not personally what I would buy, but not what I would call "piss poor" either....

:D:D:D:D:D

Newbie;91250 wrote:
Why, oh why, oh why does everyone piss on MONSTER?

Yoose must all be snobs...

I don't own or have ever owned Monster cables, but have heard some of their stuff. It generally sounds better than the equivalently priced Pudney cable, would give quite a few AR systems a run for their money etc

:D
:D:D:D:D

Ha, nicely done. But to be fair I only stated that Monster were good at marketing ;) Any other conclusions drawn are entirely up to the reader.....:D