My Sky HDi HDCP error H442

Anyone else get this with their PV7 and My Sky HDI combo?

If I have the STB going on TV3 with the TV off, and then turn on the TV, I get a sky error message (H442) saying HDCP is not detected from my TV and the programme cannot be viewed. The programme can be viewed though...

If the STB was on HD sport no such message.

Is the TV3 playing in full HD? I have the STB on pass through so TV says it's getting 1080i signal. But there seems to be a lot of difference in HD quality - netball and Nascar top, S14 next, Warriors a step down from that. The TV3 looks good, but say compared to the netball/Nascar doesn't look as sharp.

Thanks!

Mine doesn't come up with the error message H442 but does with the HDCP not supported message on TV3. Thought I'd done something wrong but it doesn't come up on any SKY channels.

All channels look good so I guess it's all sweet. :)

Rusty.

Thanks Boris. I don't find the warning annoying but always in the back of my head is a wee voice saying "you've done something wrong again boy" :) If you only knew how I have fumbled around trying to get a TV, PS3, SKY HDMI, CD Player and a VCR/DVD recorder hooked up you'd ban me from this forum. Lol.

Cheers, Rusty.

dr99;90915 wrote:
Thanks Boris, it's not the message I'm worried about more if TV3 is displaying in HD or not?

Yes ............ and no :P

You say you have the HDi set to pass through and your PV7 says it is receiving 1080i, so don't worry that you have any settings wrong.

But what you are receiving may be HD (eg. some leading crime shows like CSI), or it may just be SD programming upscaled to 1080i by Sky. While not as good as the HD sport as you point out, it should be better than other channels broadcast @ 576i due to the mega $ professional grade scalers used by Sky compared to your PV7.

Hope that makes sense, and hopefully I've got the facts right :D

I swapped back and forth between HDi settings with my PV7. Very hard to tell much difference between them to be honest. I've settled on 720p output. Some will say set to pass through as you have and let the display take care of the scaling. I'm a notorious channel surfer in the add breaks though, and every time I flick between an SD and an HD channel the display flickers as it locks on to the different signal. Does that not annoy you?

B.

Boris;90918 wrote:
I'm a notorious channel surfer in the add breaks though, and every time I flick between an SD and an HD channel the display flickers as it locks on to the different signal. Does that not annoy you?

B.

I have the same problem and it annoys the crap outta me. Anyone know a fix?

Gopal;90946 wrote:
I have the same problem and it annoys the crap outta me. Anyone know a fix?

Set the HDi to output 720p or 1080i would be the only option I can think of. Whether this gives a noticeable deterioration in PQ would depend on your display as you know. A compromise may be required depending on just how much crap is being annoyed out of you :D

B.

I do have it connected via component, but the MyskyHDi box gets it's HDCP handshake from the HDMI on the AVR, so I get all the HD channels in HD.

Pretty sure I have the sky set to ouput 720P already...

Paradox;90963 wrote:
To remove the flicker, try removing the HDMI handshake ie turn the amp off (but you will then only get Sport in HD)

Sorry but I didn't pay for High Def sky to end up watching SD sky...

I'll double check my settings when I get home Boris.

Boris;90964 wrote:
If that is the case, I don't understand why there would be any delay when changing channels :confused:

B.

Checked settings last night and the MySkyHDi is set to output 720p. The dispay still drops the picture and re-syncs everytime you switch between an SD and a HD channel.

I just have mine set to AUTO which outputs everything at 1080i, no sync delays. SD sky looks crappy which ever way you scale it, so you might as well not have the delays.

Not sure what I will do once TV1 and 2 are 720p though.

Auto outputs everything at 720p on my box, which is a 1080p panel. I have tried passthrough and 1080i and really don't notice any difference on SD stuff between the 2. I don't think the panasonic scalers are that flash so may as well let the decoder scale and save thye sync. Yes Gopal it doesn't resync swapping between HD and DS signals for me.