Power Cords

Guest Guest

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Hi jcooze, $80,000 hell that much, I have not actually stopped to add it up.

The important fact is that I enjoy the music which makes the financial outlay well worth every cent.

Cheers Tom.

Tom

I was having a wager with myself as to how you'd avoid the question at hand. Thought you might ignore it completely but thought it more likely (based on other threads where this has come up) that you'd pretend to answer but actually focus on the on the trivial. I realised by mentioning your own gear I'd given you the perfect out. Doh.

So how about you man-up and answer the question, in a straight-up and transparent manner, as to your relationship to Jason P?

Ethics are important, and extremely relevant in the context of this forum and what it's about.

Many Thanks

Jonathan

I would think more than 80G - but so what - it's not that much on HIfi.... leave the man alone and let him enjoy his system, probably a lot better than a lot of ours :)

have you read the questions lol.... some guy's reported it as 'illegal' the nonse!

I too have been wondering about the relationship between Tom and Jason Parmenter, as he seems to spend half his time promoting Parmeter's business. This is of particular interest as Jason Parmenter himself was booted off this forum for spending most of his time promoting his business.

Perhaps "Tom" could set our minds at rest?

Over to you, Tom.

Guest Guest

Hi Michael & jcooze

The reason I joined this forum was to share some of my experiences in Audio with the forum members.

Biased Hmm, I do not think so really from what I have been reading on the Audioenz Forum from other members over the years.

As to who am I, I do not think that really matters, I do not ask who any of you are with your Forum sign in names or ask what backgrounds you have to make up your opinions and advice given in postings on line in this Forum.

What is a Audio Forum any way but a place to share your our own opinions & try and help people with their audio systems problems or future upgrade path.

Now back to biased, every one is biased in some way or another towards their own audio equipment or their friends because after all that is the only audio experiences that you have had over time to make up your personal opinions in the first place.

The audio equipment I have in my system now is my own, I have paid for it and enjoy listening to music played through it on a daily basis, I have built this system up over 28 years in this hobby.

If having my audio system posted under my postings is up setting for a few forum members I will remove it now.

Ethics my friend. You initially came across as enthusiastic, but then a pattern of pointing to Jason P emerged. So some asked questions of your connections, and possible conflicts of interest. Valid questions, that have been asked of others. Some of those asked, in the past, chose to react with integrity and transperancy and have been thus treated with dignity and respect by the forum members.

The thing is when you don't answer, or dodge the question it comes across as sneaky & dishonest. Now please note I didn't say you were this, I just said it "comes across" this way.

Hence we push things a little, especially given our memories of Jason's behaviour in the past. Twice, I seem to remember.

When people share of their audio experiences. it's so much nicer, and safer, to know exactly where others are coming from. Including their connections to others in the industry. People profiteering, in some way, from their supposedly friendly forum advice, are really being dishonest and unfair to other forum members.

So if you're not this, please disclose so we can all relax and take your comments with the grain of salt we would take any other members comments with, rather than the 5kg bag of salt some of us are suspecting might be appropriate with you.

Bless Ya

Jonathan.

Guest Guest

Hi Jonathan

"When people share of their audio experiences. it's so much nicer, and safer, to know exactly where others are coming from. Including their connections to others in the industry. People profiteering, in some way, from their supposedly friendly forum advice, are really being dishonest and unfair to other forum members"

There would be a few members that would fall into this statement in one way or another, I will not name any one in particular though as this does not bother me, in a forum you should be able to say what you like?

Jonathan I will say I am biased towards Parmenter Sound Audio Products as I have experience with them, so now you can take every thing that I say with a Grain of Salt until you have proven it True or False from your own personal experiences.

From looking at your system listed I would suspect you might be biased towards the following in some way or another, would this be a fair statement?

NAD C320BEE Amp, NAD C540 CDP, Image 414 (new Model) Speakers, Nad 5120 TT, Slinkylink I/C & Speaker Cables.

Panasonic AE900 PJ, Panasonic SA-HE75 5.1 Amp, Basic Panasonic HT Speakers.

In all honesty I don't really see a problem. If Tom is Jason, what peddling has he done more than any myself or Ernie or Gopal do? Tom seems like a genuine contributor to this forum and I for one would miss the opinion of someone who has a fantastic system (by the looks of it). I know I am certainly biased towards Dynaudio, Musical Fidelity and any of the products in my system that I have tried and have found to work! Can we just get on with it please!!

I love Smoke 'n' Mirrors type answers. So many words, most of them distractions.

Tom, my friend, we're not talking about your personal taste (ala my liking Nad & Panasonic) we are talking about financial/personal/twin/employee like relationships with Audio retailers. And asking you to stop obfuscating and be honest about them.

It's all about honesty. People like Neil & Gopal are trusted as they are openly and transparently honest.

HiFi Si;89431 wrote:
To set the record straight, I have spent over $20,000 with Jason but have never met him (or Tom)
:D

I understand the two sheets of heavy glass and the heat of the sun, or an oven on low, is very effective in straightening records.

:)

Guest Guest

Hi jcooze

Smoke & Mirrors, now were cook`in.

Financial Gains from what I have written on Audioenz that have gone directly to Parmenter Sound ....Ha Ha.

I think you would find if you phone Jason & ask him if has had any extra Sales from my statements on this Forum he would more than likely say No, but hey call him & prove me wrong.

I have a new Signature now, perhaps I am now working for WWF!!, no sorry but feel free to sign up as this is a really great cause and one that is way more important than any Audio system chit chat.

I have sent a PM to "Tom" asking for clarification of a few matters. So far he's preferred to make obscure comments in this thread rather than answer my questions.

I await with interest his response.

Tom;89433 wrote:
Hi jcooze

Smoke & Mirrors, now were cook`in.

I didn't mean it as a compliment old chap.

My friend wikipedia says "Smoke and mirrors is a metaphor for a deceptive, fraudulent or insubstantial explanation or description. "

I was thinking insubstantial!

Sorry.

neil;89429 wrote:
In all honesty I don't really see a problem. If Tom is Jason, what peddling has he done more than any myself or Ernie or Gopal do? Tom seems like a genuine contributor to this forum and I for one would miss the opinion of someone who has a fantastic system (by the looks of it). I know I am certainly biased towards Dynaudio, Musical Fidelity and any of the products in my system that I have tried and have found to work! Can we just get on with it please!!

Neil, with all due repect, I must state that I feel there is a big problem here. Jonathan (jcooze) has stuck his neck out and pursued what I personally have suspected for some weeks now.

The problem is not that Tom = Jason, which I am convinced at the present moment to be the case. The problem is that membership of the Audioenz forum entails a fundamental obligation for people with a financial interest in the audio industry to be up front and state exactly what this interest is.

You Neil, Ernie, Gopal, Pete and others have followed the rules and been honest. If someone is promoting a range of audio products from behind an alias, and Tom has promoted Jason's products / TM auctions on many, many occasions then it becomes a breach of trust, or ethics as Jonathan has already stated.

Tom, I've no particular issue with you and if you are not Jason then please accept my humble apology. I trust that you can see how this assumption can be quite easily arrived at, if you look back at your previous threads.

Hmm

I'm curious about the construction of that cable - I am under the impression that power cables have to be double insulated, would any electricians here care to clarify this?

It's just I was reminded of the issue in the auction, I thought about those DIYers like on tnt-audio that construct their own cables...

... :)

aarond;89439 wrote:
Neil, with all due repect, I must state that I feel there is a big problem here. Jonathan (jcooze) has stuck his neck out and pursued what I personally have suspected for some weeks now.

Aaron; I like you. I guess us Westies have to stick together!

tanman_sg;89440 wrote:

I'm curious about the construction of that cable - I am under the impression that power cables have to be double insulated, would any electricians here care to clarify this?

Ah, that's exactly what crossed my mind as well. I was wondering if it was kosher not being insulated.

tanman_sg;89440 wrote:
Hmm

It's just I was reminded of the issue in the auction, I thought about those DIYers like on tnt-audio that construct their own cables...

Hey Andy, that is, I believe a Litz weave. Cloth Ears uses that particular platt in some of his speaker cable, if I'm not mistaken. The special sauce is in the 9 solid cores of cryo-treated copper. So that is another area where the cable is non-compliant as well as the single insulation. (Solid core may snap and present as an electrical hazard).

It's no big deal, and I'm guessing there are huge performance gains to be had from this cable. (Not having heard it myself). Don't expect your insurance company to pay out if your house catches fire. An unlikely contingency, but something a retailer should make his customers aware of.

Please, someone correct me if my assertions are incorrect.

Guest Guest

Hi aarond

I have no problem with your comments plus I must appoligise if I have caused any people to go out and buy any audio products that I had listed in my audio system Signature.

Neil, Ernie, Gopal, Pete and others have followed the rules and been honest, well I have followed the rules, I would have thought by the Audio System I had posted every Forum member already would have thought it very obvious who I had a semi biased audio direction towards.

Guest Guest

Hi Ernie

About the Power Cord.

The wire IS indeed a 2 layer insulation, the very outer is a clear, bonded to a color-solid insulation. It is compliant with type TFFN and THHN machine wire ratings, for industrial and and also conduit use.