NZ pressing!...!!

:confused:

Nah, futile confrontation...

Perhaps just ask him if he's seen 'The Castle' :D

Guest Guest

Just let him have his auction, I say.

sirAndy;87184 wrote:
Just let him have his auction, I say.

I certainly am not going to say anything on his auction as it's far more civilized to discuss it here;)

I find his other auction rather amusing:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Music-memorabilia/Other/auction-208783042.htm

I have seen probably 8 of these "in the flesh" in NZ (though I must admit not all in true mint condition).

Guest Guest

I see he has some regular "fans".

:D

If he gets his price all I shall say is he has proved us all wrong!

Good luck to him...

My personal opinion? I doubt he will sell it!

I doubt it, closes this afternoon.

Some entertaining reading, in the Q & Comments tho.

JohnN;87186 wrote:
I certainly am not going to say anything on his auction as it's far more civilized to discuss it here;)

I find his other auction rather amusing:

I have seen probably 8 of these "in the flesh" in NZ (though I must admit not all in true mint condition).

Regards the Who Album, I dont remember records of this era (60's,70's) being shrinkwrapped

I am I wrong(60's was before my record buying age), Its been a while.

The seller is certainly taking all the comments in good humour

I've never seen a factory shrinkwrapped NZ pressing in 30 years of collecting.

As one of the comments sez it's easy enough to get a shrinkwrapping machine and it draws scrutiny to what is in the wrapping.

steverb;87623 wrote:
Regards the Who Album, I dont remember records of this era (60's,70's) being shrinkwrapped

I am I wrong(60's was before my record buying age), Its been a while.

The seller is certainly taking all the comments in good humour

Just to clarify, I have seen approximately 8 of these over the years but have never seen a shrinkwrapped one.

Hi

I would say to him IVE GOT A FEELING he thinks we CAME IN THROUGH THE BATHROOM WINDOW but bidders will not line his pockets with MONEY.

And if he thinks TM is his TICKET TO RIDE he is heading down the LONG AND WINDING ROAD and IF I FELL ,THIS BOY would be $2,500 poorer

He may have sold it YESTERDAY but the economic climate is full of MISERY at the moment so I suggest he just LET IT BE and if he thinks that price is fair he needs some HELP.

However THERES A PLACE for dreamers like him.

Not being the FOOL ON THE HILL I will give the auction a big miss because IM DOWN on his attitude.

Cheers

FF

Guest Guest

Nice, FF. Nice.

:D

Sorry to bring up a a dead horse topic, it's just that I think the seller has a point.

I was a record dealer for a few years, until the other dealers and collectors started being crazed and violent towards each other (yes, most of them actually are that crazy). I've sold hundreds of Beatles albums and had many different versions. I was also one of the first to start selling the blue Parlophone labels to the foreign market en masse.

Anyways, I had a copy of Rubber Soul that was in the same condition as this guys revolver. Proce tag still intact, cover mint and the inner sleeve still stuck to the vinyl. I was the first person to pull it out of the wrapper. These werentt sealed, but the sleeves that they used stuck to the vinyl pretty well until it was taken out a couple of times. The guy I got it off had it sent to him as part of a record club thing. He didn't like the Beatles that much, so never played it. He was startled at the amount of money I gave him for that one record.

Anyways, long story short, I stuck it on ebay and got about US$800. This was back in 2001ish when we were still at US$0.38 to the dollar, so it was a fair whack of money and about ten times more than I thought the record would sell for.

Before you ask, yes I did contact the original owner and gave him more money. He was an old retired gent who really needed it.

So this seller has a point, these records are worth money to the right person. Good game for trying, because you never know. It's a pity the NZ pressings sounded so poor compared to the engligh ones though.

At the end of the day, I guess something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.