How To Close a Sale.

Low Orbit;85204 wrote:
Especially as we can get better
way
cooler ones locally
:D

Cheers, Shane.

Or randomly. The cord in my perreaux is a very, very high quality one that came with a Cimbali coffee machine.

I've never paid money for decent power cables, they just turn up.

This guy does seem pretty edgy though. Good thing he hasn't got any guns. Oh... bugger... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Hunting-shooting/Rifles/auction-204979866.htm

Declannz;85260 wrote:
Or randomly. The cord in my perreaux is a very, very high quality one that came with a Cimbali coffee machine.

This guy does seem pretty edgy though. Good thing he hasn't got any guns. Oh... bugger...

So you got good coffee and a better cable in one go? Nice. Does the cable give you better coffee than with the standard one? :D

Cheers, Shane.

Declannz;85260 wrote:

This guy does seem pretty edgy though. Good thing he hasn't got any guns. Oh... bugger...

Humour!

Although I have to say imho, that as a passive component the questions were pretty silly. Still that seems par for the course on trademe ;-)

As an aside, I bought some Kimber cables off a guy in France a few years ago, which I had reason to suspect their authenticity. I contacted Kimber, spoke to Ray, he had me send them to him for checking. he confirmed they were indeed authentic and reterminated them for me free of charge with the latest connectors. Can't complain about that! :-)

However I suspect he would be more than insulted if anyone sent him that power cable, questioning whether it was or wasn't Kimber ;-) It's not like any Kimber I've ever come across.

dexterg;85290 wrote:
However I suspect he would be more than insulted if anyone sent him that power cable, questioning whether it was or wasn't Kimber ;-) It's not like any Kimber I've ever come across.

I agree, never seen a Kimber like that!

Perhaps someone should alert Trademe, it is deception at very least, and possibly fraud (the usual IANAL applies here)?

I'd put the question to him and if he has proof to support the fact that it is Kimber then he will do so. Otherwise the question will remain unanswered and doubt shall be cast on the auction.

I think that is sufficient. If it isn't maybe we get together and get our girlfriends or wives to knock up a costume or two and then form the TM Watchman team...

sirAndy;85316 wrote:
It's tempting to post a question on his other auction :

"Is that just a bloody gun?"

:D

and he may reply, 'yeah it is, and let me introduce you to it's bloody friend...it's a bloody bullet' :D

sirAndy;85354 wrote:

Confirmed - he's a sick man.

when he says the phono stage is to die for - do you suppose he means that literally?

This guy is really good. I'm tempted to offer to pay his listing fees if he'll keep going just for the humour value. Cheaper than Sky. ;)

sirAndy;85354 wrote:

Confirmed - he's a sick man.

If he spent hours of work on it, I wonder what his mods were. Let the buyer beware – but certainly a trader worth watching from afar. I did wonder about the gun enquiry on his other auction coming from “hifi security”