Sign in to follow this  
steverb

Are these really Sachem Monoblock's??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Amplifiers-tuners/auction-205397157.htm

"All internal parts transferred into different housing by original owner as he didn't like the casing it was supplied in,"

Must now be the most budget looking peice of crap looking "$5995 "amp ever. Original case must have been truely ugly.

steverb;85004 wrote:

"All internal parts transferred into different housing by original owner as he didn't like the casing it was supplied in,"

Must now be the most budget looking peice of crap looking "$5995 "amp ever. Original case must have been truely ugly.

Hahah hi Steve, unfortunately this was once upon a time a Sachem monoblock. We have had dealings with trademe on this basis, and you may notice that the brand "Sachem" is no longer in the title of this auction. I cannot guarantee at all that the sound is like the original product, as you can see there is a different power supply, different casing and layout, so I would proceed with extreme caution on this auction.

Below is a picture of the original product, i terms of the aesthetic value of the case versus the new "better looking" case, I will leave that one up to the forum members to decide :D

85006=2402-trio.jpg

85006=2403-v1 front angle.jpg

Hi tkr001, that is a fair comment. I have no pictures that I can upload yet to show the rest of the forum, but the new (v.2) casing is essentially a simple casing finished in a black pearlescent paint with a heatsink on the front and very simple purple "sachem" inscribed on the fascia. However, different colour options are available on request, we can arrange to have them finished in any colour you prescribe.

The reason for the changes is that we had a huge amount of hassle (read expense and delays) with the cases for the v.1, and also the old cases did not fit with the redesign of the system. The layout of the unique circuitry has been upgraded and improved, and the power supply instead of being in a third middle box has been included in the single casing. This makes the Sachem v.2 much more flexible from a custom install point of view, as they are now totally discrete monoblocks and can be used in both two channel applications as well as for a full surround system for high-end HT.

In terms of the aesthetics of the new casing, the sachem (for the time being :D) is primarily a project of passion as opposed to a totally commercial product. The sachem is aimed at a serious hifi customer that wants to achieve an incredible sound, not one who is too concerned about "bling" levels ;) If someone wants to achieve the unique sound that they can with this amplifier then they should purchase it, however if they would prefer to spend their money on an aesthetically better option then they are welcome to do so, but they cannot pretend to achieve the same sound.

Hope this answers your concerns :)

Pete

Guest Callum

PeteG;85006 wrote:
...this was once upon a time a Sachem monoblock.

Pretty even odds for a three hundie or less punt then, I reckon.

tkr001;85015 wrote:
Pete, the new model is butt ugly IMHO. The old look is much nicer.

Agreed.

They should be easier to install though, with only two boxes instead of three.

How about a pair for review ?

michael w;85838 wrote:
Agreed.

They should be easier to install though, with only two boxes instead of three.

How about a pair for review ?

I'm sure that could be arranged. PeteG where are you?

Hi Guys, sorry was out for a couple days, super busy!

Michael, welcome to PM me, I am happy to discuss further :D

cheers,

Pete

Also yes, the ease of installation and icreased flexibility is part of the new design. The Sachem v.2 can be used for full surround systems and custom installations, can also be used for bi-amping and tri-amping, and of course can be further customised for different systems and rooms.