Sign in to follow this  
Tonto

Best way to list Classical LPs ?

Hi guys, busy this week getting ready to sell a bulk amount of Classical music and I wanted to know what is the best information to give.

So far I have Composer-Symphony-Performed by-Conductor-Label and date of pressing when I can find it.

Is there a classification system for condition? I want to communicate the relative condition to any potentional buyers.

BTW when all done I will offer first to fellow Audioenzers and then Bulk the rest to TM:)

Thanks in advance :)

That's the way I seek out classic music, by composer.

Also include country of pressing and edition if you have that info.

Forget the fancy grading systems by Goldmine et al, frankly they have little bearing on commonly usage of terms like Fair, Good, Mint.

Just keep descriptions simple and describe the condition both the vinyl and the cover.

Look forward to your listings.

Thanks Michael, won't start till tommorrow now- only 60-80 LPs so shouldn't take long. Will be purely offer based for Audio Enz as I have no idea on the value of the individual LPs.:confused:

michael w;80894 wrote:
That's the way I seek out classic music, by composer.

Also include country of pressing and edition if you have that info.

Forget the fancy grading systems by Goldmine et al, frankly they have little bearing on commonly usage of terms like Fair, Good, Mint.

Just keep descriptions simple and describe the condition both the vinyl and the cover.

Look forward to your listings.

Only problem with Fair, Good and Mint is that they mean different things to different people.

At least with the Goldmine or other standards there's a pretty clear definition as to the actual quality of the record.

I also like to know whether the LP is pressed overseas or in NZ, and if the latter whether it is a World Record Club pressing. If it is from the 1958-1966 era I want to know whether it is mono or stereo. And as to condition I want to see gradings according to Goldmine or other accepted standards. While these aren't absolute they're better than the biased view of an anxious seller.

And I also want to know whether the grading description is based on a visual inspection or whether the LP has been auditioned lately.

Thanks for further info Logan. Ii'll try to find out the pressings location although I'm not sure where to find this?

Where do I find the goldmine classification standard???

I may give it a google but to be real honest I dont intend on playing them and the ones I have checked so far have looked pretty good (would rate good). Any ways will post my list tommorrow.

I would prefer Title and Label, with photos will be great. :-)

BTW, LP only or with some CD?

LP only, will be a smatering of popular music aswell 80% done-

Most of them are WRC but I have listed them as th emain label eg EMI - the WRC are all NZ pressed anyway so I should I change these back???

(btw its taken the best part of a day to catalogue these so no photos except maybe one or two to show typical condition)

I have goldmine ratings for covers and record (almost all VG) and money back refund if un satisfied. So hopfully that should be enough will be interesting what they go for as I genuinely have no idea.:)