Sign in to follow this  
Ross F

Good for a laugh

Read the title of this one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Speakers-and-stands/Floor-speakers/auction-195513579.htm

Interested? Now look closer. These are ONLY the enclosures - no drivers or crossover :D but he's generously left some of the dacron wadding in place for his dollar reserve.

Look a little further down the lsitings and we see..... two B139s (I wonder where they came from?) for a buy now of $199 (they were about $90 each in 1974 ex UK). No sign of the other drivers or the crossover. Rather like selling a car with seats but without the wheels or engine. It could only happen on Tardme.

Used to have a set of these and if you look closely the weetbix cabinet construction might make it difficult to reassemble these (why they are dissassembled who knows?)NOt really a good buy at that price.

I asked the guy about this. Have a look at his reply. Damned waste IMHO. Still got a pair of Concertos in my garage. For 1974 they were a pretty amazing speaker - very smooth by comparison with some of the crap that was foisted on the Kiwi punter in those days. Rejuvenating these babies after this butchering would be a labour of love, I reckon.

You find a few guys on Ebay pulling apart some classic speakers and selling it all separately. They get way more money that way. A waste pulling apart a classic like that though.