Nordost Heimdall Speaker Cables

Here is an interesting one.

If I were to park my Arcam P1 monoblocks right behind my speakers and use these 'cables' would I technically be able to claim that I have Nordost hemidall speaker cables?

Really rather tempting at 10% the retail price of a full length pair.

My ICs from preamp to monoblocks are heimdall xlr.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Home-audio/Amplifiers-tuners/auction-173008951.htm

This person is just selling a US sourced product. Save some bucks by buying here http://cgi.ebay.com/Nordost-Heimdall-Bi-wire-speaker-jumper-cable-1-set-spa_W0QQitemZ280256752042QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116#ebayphotohosting

You'll notice the seller has photoshopped out the writting with their own and the 7 days delivery is a dead giveaway.

marantz;71351 wrote:
This person is just selling a US sourced product. Save some bucks by buying here

You'll notice the seller has photoshopped out the writting with their own and the 7 days delivery is a dead giveaway.

FWIW, I've bought from that eBay seller before.

aarond;71349 wrote:
Here is an interesting one.

If I were to park my Arcam P1 monoblocks right behind my speakers and use these 'cables' would I technically be able to claim that I have Nordost hemidall speaker cables?

Really rather tempting at 10% the retail price of a full length pair.

My ICs from preamp to monoblocks are heimdall xlr.

Maybe, but a common trick for ebay shysters is to butcher a pre-made length into aforementioned lengths. Reterminating that micromonofilament properly would be a bitch, so the value of having those particular lengths of cable in your system would be questionable, especially for speaker cable.

Hey George, have you had a look under the shrink wrap?

marantz;71351 wrote:
This person is just selling a US sourced product. Save some bucks by buying here

You'll notice the spades are NOT Nordost.

Ernie makes several very good points.

With expensive proprietory cables be wary of any in non-standard lengths with non-factory terminations.

Looking through a couple of official Nordost pricelists shows the only Heimdall jumpers they make are in 254mm (10") and 457mm (18") lengths.