NuForce IA7 100wpc demo

I have a mate with the NuForce mono's and they sound very very nice. I'd suggest you have a listen though.....you know the standard rule of thumb with audio stuff.....let your ears decide. he was running them into some NuForce speakers and using a passive-pre and a SB3 as source.

If you're up in Auckland, Peter is particularly accommodating and would possibly be worth having a demo.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Damocles, I've got one of these on loan for the weekend (my main system is still packed up at the parents while we sell our house). I'm pretty impressed with it - running some inefficient Chario lynx bookshelf speakers and it sound pretty nice. Not in the same league as my pre/monobloc power gear, but at around 1/10 the price that isn't a surprise. It is a tiny little unit that packs a lot of amplifier really. The only part of my main system i have is the Arcam CDP and the little Nuforce lets a lot more of the player's quality through than my Denon HT amp I've been using. At $1200 I'd say it is a good buy, but as always best to try and get a listen in your own system.

Siriosys;57320 wrote:

If you're up in Auckland, Peter is particularly accommodating and would possibly be worth having a demo.

Cheers

After extensive auditioning which had him shifting speakers between floors, fitting different arms to a turntable of interest, and giving me excellent coffee while he practically laid cable under Cook Strait, Peter Hardie supplied both my front end and my (ahem) rear end. His follow up service is peerless. He's also an enthusiast for music rather than machinery.