Is anyone watching Rake?

The original episodes of BL were incredible - unlike anything else out there - totally NON PC! Lost touch with the later series, hope they kept it going.

Rake - Oz version of the above - NON PC - has overtones of reality!

Great show, wife and I really enjoy it.

Frank

Guest Peter the Greek

Love it, its a great show......no internet at home at the moment so I cant watch it......grr

Note: it is on free to air for anyone reading, I just cant manage that

The original episodes of BL were incredible - unlike anything else out there - totally NON PC! Lost touch with the later series, hope they kept it going.

Rake - Oz version of the above - NON PC - has overtones of reality!

Great show, wife and I really enjoy it.

Frank

BL was good right to the end.

The whole show was 'jumping the shark' every episode, I reckon!

It's a biography of Orpheus' life, right?

:P

I find him quite a compelling character. Probably only marginally less a biography of my life than of Charles Waterstreet (co-writer or script consultant, and how he perhaps imagines himself to be), ie, not very much in common at all!

Every episode has high quality guest stars which most Australian shows do not generally have. So far some notable examples have been Hugo Weaving, Sam Neill, Rachel Griffiths.The main character is incorrigible but is endearing at the same time. All in all I am finding it quite an enjoyable( if somewhat unrealistic) programme!

Life at the Bar is not, in my experience, remotely like the series. No doubt many wish it were so. As perhaps it was 40 or 50 years ago.

On the other hand if one approaches it as comedy drama then it is a great deal more palatable.

Yes, that is indeed the only way to approach life at the Bar:).

• 7 years later...

• 1 month later...

Guest Peter the Greek
3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

my partner was spewing.

At least it invoked some response! My better half slept through the last 3-4 episodes.....

Its a real shame to have ended it with such a "slap up" season, poor in just about every respect....it had such potential 

I did get a chuckle out of the wedding scene however

4 hours ago, Peter the Greek said:

At least it invoked some response! My better half slept through the last 3-4 episodes.....

Its a real shame to have ended it with such a "slap up" season, poor in just about every respect....it had such potential 

I did get a chuckle out of the wedding scene however

A bit like anything I guess, eventually it runs it's course.

• 1 month later...

Season 5 was disappointing. It didn't live up to the legacy of the other seasons. 

I hung in there hoping to find myself ROFL, but alas there was only sparks, no fire. 

I was expecting big things from Cleavers driver. I was expecting big things from Cleaver. 

I think it was like when Fonzy jumped the shark. Not putting any eggs in that basket anymore. My all time favourite show fizzled out in a whimper. 

• Like 1