Sign in to follow this  
Logan

Vienna full (fool) harmonic Orchestra

The priceless and completely useless listing for this has now disappeared as I've bought the item on a Buy-Now basis.

It was advertised on TradeMe vinyl as "Wagner Boxed Set", and in the Q & A the seller stated that the music was played by the "Vienna full harmonic Orchestra". I was amused by this, until I figured out that the item was in fact the finest studio production of Wagner's opera Parsifal ever recorded (by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra). The cast is beyond criticism. Mint copies of this 5-LP set go for $(NZ)150-200 in the UK and USA so I was very happy to get it for $10. There hasn't been a listing for this, new or used, anywhere on the web in the last 2 or so years.

The sellers clearly had no idea of what they were listing, and since the LPs are virtually unplayed they were expecting me to rush off to e-Bay to cash in. But all I want to do is listen and enjoy, so it won't be getting re-listed in quite a while.

Moral of the story: Find out just what it is you're selling, and advertise it accordingly.

What a superlative bargain. If you are an addicted bargain-hunter (hmmmm, I wonder ...) then this will likely count one of the deals of a lifetime.

That said, it's an awful lot of Wagner ... !:D You must be Lohengrinning from ear to ear.

I'm green too :D:D:D

Owen Y;53500 wrote:
I'm green too

But not so stupid or lazy that you wouldn't get off your chuff to find out something about what you were offering for sale.

One idiot on TradeMe prefaces all his blurbs with "I don't know anything about classical music ...." and proposes to auction an item which lacks any description at all, except for an often illegible photo of the record or CD cover. But once he photoed a cover so well that you could discern the name "Strauss" as the composer, only to spoil the act by advertising music by "Stemmss".

I don't know about or care for rock/pop music, but I certainly wouldn't advertise such a record or CD simply as "pop music" and expect anyone to bid on it.

Green, with envy, I meant ;)

Logan;53633 wrote:
I didn't go for this particular set for two reasons.

(a) The seller misrepresented what was on offer.

(b) NZ pressing rather than UK.

Your set pales in comparison, but before I make a move on it, just wondering in what ways did this seller misrepresent? Cheers

Newbie;53711 wrote:
Your set pales in comparison, but before I make a move on it, just wondering in what ways did this seller misrepresent? Cheers

Miscounted the shiney, round black things in the set?

:confused: